cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Competency's on a Queue and its Affects

eroussos1
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone knows of any residual affects by changing the competency's of the queue on a daily basis?  What we began to do, to limit the amount of times we are moving agents skills manually, is add all the skills an agent is trained in to their profile, just at different competency levels.  Then when we have a wait, or go to afterhours, we change the queue competency rather than a skill competency.  I was wondering if anyone knew of negative affects this could cause?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I concur with David, CCX comes with REST API for configuration, so you can develop lightweight app to dynamically re-skill, etc.  CCX 12 also exposes the schedule to admin/supervisors so that they can be easily changed without any changes needed to the script itself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I assume CCX right? This is an interesting approach and I can't imagine any issues from it. Ultimately service level is measured around number of calls and their answer time so what you're doing is moving who can answer calls at any one time. So the only real issue is ensuring that you remember to change your competency to the right number to ensure your queue is skilled.

Personally, I wouldn't do either. I would change my scripting to have a schedule and and a switch to divert traffic and have a new skilling strategy to allow different levels of competency to be considered based on whatever business rule you want to set.

david

I concur with David, CCX comes with REST API for configuration, so you can develop lightweight app to dynamically re-skill, etc.  CCX 12 also exposes the schedule to admin/supervisors so that they can be easily changed without any changes needed to the script itself.