Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing Embedded WebApp Gadget Height

Hi !

I am trying to change sample gadget height but no luck unfortunately.

I had tried the following ideas :

1. var html = '<iframe src="' + _urlToLoad + '" id="displayFrame"  height="650"></iframe>'
  2. gadgets.window.adjustHeight(650);   

please help ..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Strange. I am also using a Finesse 11.0 with UCCE 11.0.

Using IE11 with the default Embedded WebApp Gadget height gives me:

Default.png

Then I changed the single line in the js file to:

var html = '<iframe src="' + _urlToLoad + '" id="displayFrame" width="100%"" height="650"></iframe>';

Refreshed the page a few times to not pick up from cache (opening Developer tools usually works):

Height.png

My IE11 is in an internal network so it has issues loading up external urls.

I was able to verify that the webpage loads the whole area using FF on my laptop:

Firefox.png

Chrome isn't supported in 11.0, but it worked fine for me too.

So, why is it not working for you. Is your IE11 loading a cache (gadgets are VERY stubborn)? Is your IE11 in compatibility mode? If you have developer tools F12 opened, are there any errors on the console?

Using the F12 Developer tools, when you go to the DOM explorer and select the iframe, what does the html show? Does it show the height?

html.png

Can you try it on FF too?

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For #1, try adding the width parameter too:

var html = '<iframe src="' + _urlToLoad + '" id="displayFrame"  width="100%" height="650"></iframe>';   

This worked for me on my 11.0 system. If this doesn't work, what version of Finesse are you using?

Thanx,

Denise

HI!

I Tried to add width but did not work with IE 11.

with chrome the frame got bigger but web page still the same size.

i am using UCCE 11

Hi,

Strange. I am also using a Finesse 11.0 with UCCE 11.0.

Using IE11 with the default Embedded WebApp Gadget height gives me:

Default.png

Then I changed the single line in the js file to:

var html = '<iframe src="' + _urlToLoad + '" id="displayFrame" width="100%"" height="650"></iframe>';

Refreshed the page a few times to not pick up from cache (opening Developer tools usually works):

Height.png

My IE11 is in an internal network so it has issues loading up external urls.

I was able to verify that the webpage loads the whole area using FF on my laptop:

Firefox.png

Chrome isn't supported in 11.0, but it worked fine for me too.

So, why is it not working for you. Is your IE11 loading a cache (gadgets are VERY stubborn)? Is your IE11 in compatibility mode? If you have developer tools F12 opened, are there any errors on the console?

Using the F12 Developer tools, when you go to the DOM explorer and select the iframe, what does the html show? Does it show the height?

html.png

Can you try it on FF too?

Thanx,

Denise

HI Denise,

thank you so much, it works after adding WIDTH But when I look to DOM i didi not find the width and height.

anyway it works so thank you dear.

Glad to hear it works now!

Hi, 

Can you please tell me which file you edited to adjust the height and width? 

Hi,

The EmbeddedWebApp.js file. It is in the _handleTabVisible method.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: