cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Character limit on CVP Folders for prompts

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a to increase the character limit on the Folders you create under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app for prompts to be played. There seems to six character limit on any folder you create under this folder. We create individual folders for every Business Unit with prompts stored in it for ease of managing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wouldn't get into the changing the of ECC variables if you can avoid it. So it sounds like the ECC variable that holds the "root folder" is the issue. Why don't you use the prompt name variable to add the characters you need? For example:

ECC1 = "en-us/myapp"

ECC2 = "27/hello.wav"

When you put them together you'll get en-us/myapp27/hello.wav

david

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight
I believe the only size limit for folder names with ICM is based on the
size of the variable named user.microapp.app_media_lib  which must be
assigned the directory path like "app/folderName"  - so if you can
icrease the size of the app_media_lib variable, then you can make the
folder names larger.
Note that you could put your folders directly under en-us, they don't
have to be a subfolder of "en-us/app"

Thank you!! Any changes to the ECC variable would involve a restart of Call server for the changes to reflect correct?

Hi Harresh,

If it existing ECC variable modification no need for service restart. For new variables, we need PG service restart (based on the routing client)

Regards,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

I wouldn't get into the changing the of ECC variables if you can avoid it. So it sounds like the ECC variable that holds the "root folder" is the issue. Why don't you use the prompt name variable to add the characters you need? For example:

ECC1 = "en-us/myapp"

ECC2 = "27/hello.wav"

When you put them together you'll get en-us/myapp27/hello.wav

david

Thanks David. That's wat I ended up doing to avoid the hassle of messing with ECC variables.

Your future self will thank you.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: