Views
Helpful
Replies

character <enter> in script

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am developing a CCX 8.5 premium script and  I need to add a "new line" character in a string variable and  then to save this info inside a xlm file but so far i have not  made it. I have tried with \n\r but not, whole string value stays in the same line, for example:

STRING temp

DOC outputdoc

temp = D[now] + T[now] + "new line"

set outputdoc = temp

how do i do to get that?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, you don't really need a newline character in an XML.

However, you can use System.getProperty("line.separator"). But again, I don't really see the use of it. Basically everything is a binary stream and it's up to the final rendering how it is presented.

G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, you don't really need a newline character in an XML.

However, you can use System.getProperty("line.separator"). But again, I don't really see the use of it. Basically everything is a binary stream and it's up to the final rendering how it is presented.

G.

Gergely, thanks for your help. I have solved my problem.

Hi, how did ypu solve it?
Thanks.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

I included the System.getProperty("line.separator")  like you told me and I saved info in txt file and then I made export task in excel.

Hi,

alright, glad to hear that. Would you like to help other users to mark my answer as correct so they find the solution right away.

Thanks.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: