Views
Helpful
Replies

chat agents hold time

thanvi200115673
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Any idea on how the Hold Time  (in secs) is calculated for Ece chat agents? In the TCD Table and Script real time monitor we see hold time value for call type  /skill groups. (refer the attachments)

Specifically how UCCE splits the time associated to a chat session into a UCCE caltype result?

From a functionality perspective, there is no “hold” button an agent can select.

What feeds these values?

Does it capture the time(s) between a received message and the posted response?

How can we see which values/fields from ECE feed into the corresponding fields in UCCE?

Hold2.PNG

Hold1.PNG

Thanks,

Thanveer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help and follow ups

Posting their reply for others!!!!

Each time an agent switches from chat to email, or between different chat activities (if configured to do so, with a Concurrent Task Limit(CTL) greater than 1 for the Chat MRD), ECE sends a PAUSE_TASK_IND to CTI Server / OPC, which then starts accounting for the HoldTime calculation, for that particular chat activity / task.

Once the pending chat activity window is selected again (to respond back to customer), a RESUME_TASK_IND is sent from ECE that will end the Hold time calculation. The process repeats each time an Agent starts spending time on other activities, than the active chat.

At the end of the task being completed, the Agent PG notifies the Router through the TCD / CALLS_CLOSED_IND message, which then pegs the corresponding Call Type for the purpose of aggregation in the Call_Type_Interval record. You could set the EMSTraceMask registry key to 0xf8 for the CTI Server process on Agent PG, and enable /task level tracing for the OPC of Agent PG using the OPCTest utility, to see these events.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't have an answer for you, but the ECE team is part of the ask-ece-dev@external.cisco.com alias. It is typically used for ECE API questions, but they might be able to answer this. So, I would recommend emailing the alias to see if they have an answer for you.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denis for your advise, previously I asked queries to ECE team ask-ece-dev@external.cisco.com  unfortunately they never responded !!!

Hi,

That's a bummer. Maybe they never know the answer to your question, although it would be nice if they just stated so. I'm on the receiving end of the alias and saw your inquiry. They do respond to emails from this alias. Let's give them a few days. If they don't respond, can you let me know here and I will nudge them a bit.

Thanx,

Denise

Sure, will do that & Thx

I haven't received any response from them ...

I nudged them. Hopefully they will at least acknowledge that they looked at the question.

Thanks for your help and follow ups

Posting their reply for others!!!!

Each time an agent switches from chat to email, or between different chat activities (if configured to do so, with a Concurrent Task Limit(CTL) greater than 1 for the Chat MRD), ECE sends a PAUSE_TASK_IND to CTI Server / OPC, which then starts accounting for the HoldTime calculation, for that particular chat activity / task.

Once the pending chat activity window is selected again (to respond back to customer), a RESUME_TASK_IND is sent from ECE that will end the Hold time calculation. The process repeats each time an Agent starts spending time on other activities, than the active chat.

At the end of the task being completed, the Agent PG notifies the Router through the TCD / CALLS_CLOSED_IND message, which then pegs the corresponding Call Type for the purpose of aggregation in the Call_Type_Interval record. You could set the EMSTraceMask registry key to 0xf8 for the CTI Server process on Agent PG, and enable /task level tracing for the OPC of Agent PG using the OPCTest utility, to see these events.

Hi,

I'm glad they responded to you! And thank you for posting the answer for others to see.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: