Views
Helpful
Replies

CHR in CCX 8.5

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

in windows 7 pc the cisco historical reports shows an error "timezone string is not valid", this only happens in specific PC, if I enable UTC timezone  option in configuration menu, I can get reports but the start time is wrong, what could be problem?

I appreciate yours help.

9 Replies 9

Mohamad Fayed
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Juan,

The time zone displayed in the report is either UTC or local time zone, based on the

TIMEZONE settings in hrcconfig.ini. You can also change the time zone for each report.

When a report shows date and time information for an event or an activity in the

report data, that date and time is based on the TIMEZONE configuration in hrcconfig.ini.

The Start and End time is also based on the TIMEZONE configuration in hrcconfig.ini.  (

hrcconfig.ini  file is on c:\program files\Cisco UCCX Historical Reports\  folder on the

client pc .

Modify this:

[TIMEZONE]

;Use one of the following values:

;1 - to use UTC

;0 - to use Local Timezone (default)

UseTimeZone=0

However, the HR User Guide describes setting the TimeZone in hrcConfig.ini to have reports run with the local time rather than UTC. The scheduler included with HRC always uses UTC and does not use this config value. This should be mentioned in the document because customers are looking for ways to run the schedule reports displayed in the local time zone.

This was addressed in the following defect:

CSCtn60125 (UCCX: Document HRC Scheduler Doesn't Use TZ Setting in hrcConfig.ini)

Best regards,

Mohamad Fayed

Hi,

I'm using Cisco HR 8.5 and I meet the same issue.

When I uncheck UTC I've got an error when launching some reports. In French, "La chaine du fuseau horaire n'est pas valide" == timezone string is not valid.

Did you solve your issue ?

Best regards,

Matthieu

Hi,

currently, I have an open case in cisco TAC, they sent me two new report templates but problem persists. I did some tests and i found that this problem isn´t shown when the operating system is windows in english language if OS is windows in spanish (for example) i get error. So while TAC gets final solution i had install windows 7 (or vista) in english.

I hope that this can help you.

Hi I am having the same issue, only happens when the operating systems is in spanish, did TAC give you a solution?

Hello, fortunately this problem has been solved. Cisco sent to me new reports templates.

Hi, thanks for your response, those reports templates can only be sent by cisco TAC? because on cisco web page I did not find those templates.

I suppose that. I had open up some case in Cisco TAC, they collect some logs and two weeks after they send me a new templates.

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Has this issue been resolved in a new UCCX version, or should I adapt all our custom reports to adjust for the timedifference? If so, how should I go about DST?

Hi,

so far I have had to install CHR in windows PC with english languaje and in this scenario problem not happens. When I had problem Cisco sent me new report templates (customized to spanish language).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: