cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIM 3.2 Questions

rajan-sbc
Level 1
Level 1

Team - I see no reports when we run report templates. The reports service is running. Do we need the archive service? What can be checked (may be SQL) for data?

Regarding Chat - non-integrated local chat - sometimes it works but sometimes logout / login makes the chat presented to agent but whatever agent sends not seen on customer side. How do we debug such issues? Will restarting Cisco service help? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Are you sure you have CIM 3.2. I recently upgraded a 4.2(5) customer to 4.3(2), so it's more likely you have 4.2.

The archive database is used to remove closed activities from the activity table. Typically you create an archive process for each department to run once a week (say Saturday) to move activities that were closed more than 30 days ago into the archive.

The performance of the system will suffer if there are too many activities in the main table - CIM is very DB intensive.

Archiving and reporting are not really related.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff - we are running 4.3.2. Thanks.

But no reports seen. Please provide any suggestions on root cause and any  tables to do SQL queries on. 

We have been so much activity.

OK, 4.3(2) makes a lot more sense than 3.2. Are you using this with UCC Express?

I don't know why your reports are not working, but I can tell you that I have a saved query in SQL 2005 Management Studio that I run all the time. It's something like this:

SELECT ACTIVITY_ID AS AID, CASE_ID AS CID, CONTACT_POINT_DATA,

EGPL_ROUTING_QUEUE.QUEUE_NAME, ACTIVITY_STATUS AS Stat,

ACTIVITY_SUB_STATUS AS SubStat, EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY.WHEN_CREATED, SUBJECT

FROM EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY, EGPL_ROUTING_QUEUE

WHERE EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY.QUEUE_ID=EGPL_ROUTING_QUEUE.QUEUE_ID AND ACTIVITY_MODE = 100

AND ACTIVITY_STATUS <> 9000

ORDER BY ACTIVITY_ID DESC

This query does not show closed activities, so it gives you all the activities that are in queue at the time of the query. Since EIM stores the time in UTC you will have to convert the time to your timezone, dealing with DST being on or off.

Replace EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY.WHEN_CREATED with something like the following example:

DATEADD(HH, 1, EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY.WHEN_CREATED) AS Central_EU_Time

The most useful CIM document in my collection is the 4.2 Schema document. I am waiting for Cisco to publish the 4.3 schema but they are dragging the chain on that.

It's also useful to know the list of ACTIVITY_STATUS values and the list of ACTIVITY_SUB_STATUS values and what they mean. They used to be undocumented but now they are included in the Guides.

(I have extensive experience with EIM/WIM integrated with UCCE. None with Express. Some stand-alone experience. I took the eGain training course, which is recommended.)

Regards,

Geoff

There is a SQL job which populates the report tables. These are summarization scripts.

They need to run without any errors which ensures that reports are populated.

On eGActiveDB check the status on jobs in
EGPLR_SCHEDULED_TASK_STATUS

For the chat issue check the configuration,

Refer to page 102 of http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_43/installation/guide/cisco_im431_cce_installationguide.pdf

in
egpl_master.properties files

webtemp.webdir =
It should be set to FQDN.