cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 - can you disable the ring when configured to Auto Answer?

Paul Wills
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all,

I'm hoping someone can help me, we are in the process of testing new phones (7821) moving from 7940's

On the 7940 if the headset light was illuminated and the user configured to auto answer with headset the phone never rang it just delivered the call to the headset.

With the 7821 model the phone rings when set up in the same way - is there any way of disabling this ring? - i mean permanently not by the volume control on the device

We're a 300 seat contact centre and having phones ringing all be it only once or twice before the call is delivered is not desirable

kind regards

Paul

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

on auto answer 1-2 ring is default on 7821, are on UCCE? if yes, have you tried auto answer on Agent desk setting?

Chintan 

We're on UCCX actually - i was hoping there was a setting on the phone config to switch off this ringing - if not we'll need to rely on advisors not raising the volume of  the ringing

Thanks Paul

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paul,

You could use the following setting on the line appearance of the phone to disable the audible ring.

You can update this setting in bulk on CUCM by navigating to "Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines". Then use the search criteria to select only your contact centre lines and away you go!

Jonathan - many thanks for the reply - tested this morning (uk time) and no joy - the device still rings once or twice in headset mode.

I think we will go live with the volume reduced and continue to investigate and test solutions