cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8.6.6.4 Goes Dead

Red31985
Level 1
Level 1

I am posting this here because I, the Site Support Team, AS WELL AS the Cisco analysts at my job are just lost as to what could be the cause.  I have a Lenovo P1 Windows 10 Version 20H2 Laptop that is hardwired connection to my internet with download speed of 29.82mbps and an upload 3.59mbps going through Netmotion Mobility Client version 11.71.27967 so I can be connected to our network.  The IP addresses for the phone and Netmotion are the same. I have a Plantronics DA70 converter for my headset.  We use Cisco IP Communicator Softphone 8.6.6.4 that is used in conjunction with Cisco Finesse at our hospital customer support IT line.    This issue also happens on Jabber as we swapped me from CIPC to Jabber back to CIPC.  I can take calls for however long (this time allotment appears to be random) and then the line will go dead. I can hear the phone ring but I can't hear the customer and the customer cannot hear me.  So far the only way to reset it is to sign out of the phone, end the program, and then sign back in.  I don't need to sign out of Finesse to do this, only CIPC.  The weird thing is if CIPC goes dead I can still take and make calls on other platforms like Microsoft Teams.  I have done all driver updated from Lenovo, including BIOS updates.  I have tried to just force my connection to go through the hardwire connection by disconnecting the wifi connection.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled CIPC.  Now, it randomly stopped and I was ok for about 3 weeks until I received Error 2100: Detection error on Storage Device (M-2).  Then these issues started to plague me again and have gotten progressively worse.  Please Help.  -Red

7 Replies 7

Is your error message for your PC or on the CIPC? I'm guessing your PC?

CIPC is a dead product. I thought it was already end of support. It isn't officially supported at all on windows 10. I would suggest in the strongest possible terms that you go to Jabber and troubleshoot any issues with it. You would be able to get TAC support on Jabber, but not on CIPC.

@Elliot Dierksen , it was, but then when COVID happened it was resurrected. It is still under support for at least a few more months, assuming it doesn't get extended again. Personally, I still think it is very useful for testing/training, I wish it would be extended longer.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-communicator/eol-notice-c51-740383.html

I really didn't like Jabber I find it clunky and difficult to work with, also it doesnt have the option for speed buttons.  So when i go to transfer someone I either need to remember the number or make sure my entire collection of speed buttons are written out.

There are definitely things I prefer about CIPC over Jabber. I didn't even know it had been extended, but it is on its way out. I have been know to swim upstream at times, but this one is out of our control as best I can tell.

If you remove or close any other program that might compete with the microphone does that help? Do not use Teams, Zoom, GTM, Skype, etc. etc.

david

This may not help you, but there is this defect that specifically mentions 8.6 and Windows 10 having issues.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo00610
This one specifically mentions issues with some types of Lenovo, may be unrelated to you, but figured I'd mention it.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu33399

Hope these help.