cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CTI Server

George Michaell
Level 1
Level 1

Need some insight if we establish a monitor mode connection with CTI Server vs connection to ctios server.

what is the difference, i have heard that CTI server provides much more information that CTIOS, what sort of difference do we have, CTIOS probably provides filtered events, whats the way we can filter events at CTI level or at CTIOS level?

There are clients that does not allow to establish a monitor mode connection with CTI server as they do not want the monitor mode application to get some sort of confidential data but they do allow to connect to CTIOS, so i am querious that what is the difference, we do get all the PV'S and ECC varialbles at CTIOS as well, so y not CTI server?

any details would be appreciate would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the service mask you are using to connect to ctiserver you will be receiving the events. The connection is based on GED-188 protocol. you can refer to GED-188 protocol document to get details about which messages are part of which service mask . latest version of document is available in the below location.

Cisco DevNet: CTI Protocol (GED-188) - Overview

by default CTIOS provides All Agent (which receives all the agent events) and All call(receives call events)

Which clients you are referring here ?

"There are clients that does not allow to establish a monitor mode connection with CTI server as they do not want the monitor mode application to get some sort of confidential data but they do allow to connect to CTIOS"

Just a note CTIOS is only supported for TDM integration from 11.5 onwards

Thanks Sasikumar for the feedback, I was refering to the MM connection with CTI and CTIOS, I am still not able to get what extra information does CTI Server provides when an application is connection in MM with it, any highlevel stuff explanation would work, as i am not looking for granular level of information.

Thats a valuable information that the MM connection made with CTI server is GED-188 , i thought its GED 145, whats the GED number, when we connect to CTIOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: