Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCCX 7.0(1)SR05_Build504

RedaChougna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can anyone assist me with the folowing question.

We are running Cisco 7.0(1)SR05_Build504 - and recently moved to another domain.

(2 company's became 1 - and we need to consolidate the servicedesk).

The current situation is that our Cisco Contact center is syncing to our Call Manager - which is syncing to both domain. So that's fine.

But we still need to create accounts on the old domain so the servicedesk empoyee is able to login.

My question is: Can we change the CUCCX so it will sync to the new domain.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Reda Chougna

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCCX does not syny with AD directly, it is CM to which UCCX talks and send the authentication request. Hence as long as CM is integrated with the both the AD domains and is able to pull the user information and authentication is fine at AD level, agents should be able to login on CCX side. There is nothing you need to do on CCX side to get it working.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your response. I am aware that UCCX is syncing with the CM, and our CM is syncing with both domains.

How can i configure within CM that the agent desktop software authenticates with both domains?
If i don't create an account on the old domain, the agent desktop application won't be able to login te users. It states "unknown username or bad password".

Hopefully you can assiste me further with this issue.

Kind regards,

Reda

The users that you want to login, are they showing up as End Users on CM or not. If they are not then you will need to create them on CM or in case of LDAP integration import them over. Without the users being shown in CM, UCCX will never be able to take control of them as you will not be able to assign them an IPCC extension in that case.

Regards
Deepak
(Remember to Rate Helpful Posts)

@Deepak Rawat wrote:

...and authentication is fine at AD level...

Keep in mind that for Directory Sync Agreements, you can simply configure multiple disparate domains; however, for Authentication you cannot do this, as it only allows a single entry.

This document should be of some help for those trying to authenticate to multiple AD domains:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-80/111979-ucm-multi-forest-00.html