Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Desktop Sync Server service

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would like to know if i can stop and restart the Cisco Desktop Sync Server service  in production environement without service interruption.?

I have uccx7 and cucm 7 and i'm trying to solve the user id is not found error message in CAD for two new users that i have created.

when i tried manual synch on Desktop Administrator i have the error message - CDAUI2082 At least one error has occurred during the manual synchronization of directory services.

Regards,

MC

3 Replies 3

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

From what I'm reading it shouldn't cause any issues..but I would be reluctant personally to have you do this during business hours.  Here is one link of many that speaks of having to restart this service and "the bug(s)" that cause the issue in the first place..

http://webmaxtor.blogspot.com/2010/06/uccx-agent-doesnt-appear-in-csd.html

Thanks. I have done in production but with very low call volume and logged in agents and everything goes well.

I've restarted the Cisco Desktop Sync service while in production hours and with HA nodes without any impact to CAD or calls.  I would not expect any issue with doing the restart when required.