cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DRS backup fails to go past TFTP component.

Stuart Cross
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if anyone can help, 

Our Cisco CUCM DRS backup has recently started to hang.  It gets to the TFTP component on the Publisher and fails to go any further (about 22%). The only thing that has happened recently is a new device pack uploaded to the servers and a cluster reboot for new device pack to take effect.

There doesn't appear to be any error in RTMT to do with the backup either.

Can anyone throw in some suggestions.

10 Replies 10

DAVID B
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you try restarting below services from CLI:

utils service restart Cisco DRF Master

utils service restart Cisco DRF Local

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked perfectly!

Glad that it worked. Please remember to rate helpful posts so that it can stay on top and help others with same issue in Community.

Regards

Deepak

Hello, 

This wasn't the fix for my issue.  Where were doing the back up to, the user account didn't have enough space allocated to the account.  We increased the amount of space allocated to the account and it backed up fine.

Thanks

Hi , what did you mean with "user account didn't have enough space allocated to the account"? Are you talking about user used in tftp Server software ? Disk space in CUCM? 

Moaazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Didn't see an answer for this so i'll answer for anyone it might help in the future. 

You need to go into RTMT > system > alert central and lower the high water marks (from 95 to 35) as well as the low water marks (90 to 30) and then restart the "cisco log partition monitoring tool"

Wait a few hours and go back in and reset the high water mark to 95 and low to 90 and restart same service and you will be golden.

while this is happening you can ssh into the box and type in "show status" to see your percentage on the logs going down, see below. Mines was at about 93!

I roughly do this maintenance every other month or so.

Disk/logging        50179664K        9386384K       38203104K (81%)

clarklkzy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this problem too, on my lab setup.  A DRS backup always fails on the TFTP component.  With my issue it always fails on the TFTP of the sub.  The other components have no trouble with the backup.  They get copied to the SFTP server very quickly, but then when the sub TFTP component starts copying, it slows to a crawl and eventually fails on that component copy to the SFTP server.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Have you checked space on the subscriber? If it can't build the TAR files for the backup because of low space, that could cause it.

Well, the saga of my failing DRS backups seem to be continuing. 

I checked the subscriber VM in ESXi and it's provisioned with 110 GB of storage space and it indicates 43.63 GB is used.  That tells me the issue is not low space.

In an attempt to find a workaround, I deactivated the TFTP service on the sub, and only have it activated on the pub.  I know in a production environment that's not a best practice to have your TFTP server on the pub, but this is a lab environment so I thought I'd give it a try.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: