cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ECE - how to create /display dynamic or custom message to customer

thanvi2001
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone knows how to set custom or dynamic message for customer at or how the DARS works

start of the chat

End of the chat

during live chat if technical error faced.

After hours of operation.

Currently it plays the content set in chat unavailable  variable in the json file in the template folder. I need to display different messages on above said conditions.

2) Business calendar is configured in the ECE admin console, however during the open hours if not agent login it plays the same chat unvailable message set in the json file so what is the use of business calendar?

ECE 11.6 es6

Template - Aqua

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

what is the use of business calendar?

It's useless - use ICM to control your hours. If you wanna make it real fancy, you can make API calls back to ICM to dictate open close.

If you want to use DRASR, you have to first create a Network VRU Script in CCE Admin - make sure you select the correct Routing Type (not Voice). On the ECE side, log into the Authoring and Administration partition (ID 1), go to the Administration Console and expand Administration > Partition > Integration > Unified CCE > DRASR. Click the New icon, give it a name, select your Network VRU Script, Enable it and type out your message. If you want to include Call Variables, use %CV1% for Call Variable 1. Once complete, place a Set Variable node in your chat routing script calling on the Network VRU Script. There's no right or wrong place to set it... you'll set it where ever appropriate. For instance, if you want to display messages while in queue, you'd place it in your queue treatment BEFORE your Wait node.

Hope that helps

Thanks Omar, is there any detailed documents or samples available on setting up DRASR ,
anyway i will setup like you mentioned.

Thanks again :)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/cisco-enterprise-chat-email/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

Look for Enterprise Chat and Email Administrator’s Guide to Chat and Collaboration Resources. Pick your version and flavor of CCE

To me DRASR didn't add much value to your routing. There were only a few things you could send out and honestly it didn't seem to make sense why it was so limited. Creating some sort of middleware between your chat entry point and ECE is the way to go, but it's much more complex.

I found it to be very useful when it comes to drop down selections. With drop downs, it's one entry point that can route to many different queues, but you have to map the one entry point to one queue. What happens is that the queue name shows up as whatever that default queue name is as opposed to what was selected in the drop down, and this confuses agents - especially on transfers. So I use DRASR to display that selection as well as other information that could help the agent rather than going to the customer window pane.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: