Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Email Agent with UCCX 9

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Experts,

I need to configure the E-mail agent with UCCX 9. I have a premium license. I have read the admin guide and the Cisco Desktop administrator guide.

I found the following requirements:

from exchange side we need the following

- Email, distribution list and mail boxes

- IMAP and SMTP address. username & password for both IMAP and SMTP

from UCCX side, we need the following

- CSQ ans skills.

- map email to CSQ

my question is regarding the username and password for IMAP and SMTP. what is the permession required for these username and passwords? is it should be for the mail email or agent email or it should be an admin one ?

let us assume we have 2 mail emails : sales@company.com , help-dest@company.com

the agent emails are : agent1@company.com , agent2@company.com, agent2@company.com

please advise

thanks in advance

Anas

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
what is the permession required for these username and passwords?

It will be the credentials for the single mailbox you create for CCX to use (i.e. the Distribution List member mailbox). This set of credentials is sent to CAD so each user can login to Exchange directly. This avoids the CCX server from having to proxy the mail.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

kiarash.kazemi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

UCCX/CAD uses a single e-mail account. However, it can (and typically will) have multiple distribution

group addresses that direct e-mails to specific users. This e-mail account and the corresponding

distribution lists must be configured manually by the mail store administrator. Routing information

for the distribution list addresses can then be specified in Desktop Administrator.

So you may configure the email account of  uccx@company.com with the following distribution groups for your CSQ queues.

sales@company.com , help-dest@company.com

Therefore the the user name and password for IMAP and SMTP is for the single email account.

Check out the Cisco CAD install guide, page 42.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
what is the permession required for these username and passwords?

It will be the credentials for the single mailbox you create for CCX to use (i.e. the Distribution List member mailbox). This set of credentials is sent to CAD so each user can login to Exchange directly. This avoids the CCX server from having to proxy the mail.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

kiarash.kazemi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

UCCX/CAD uses a single e-mail account. However, it can (and typically will) have multiple distribution

group addresses that direct e-mails to specific users. This e-mail account and the corresponding

distribution lists must be configured manually by the mail store administrator. Routing information

for the distribution list addresses can then be specified in Desktop Administrator.

So you may configure the email account of  uccx@company.com with the following distribution groups for your CSQ queues.

sales@company.com , help-dest@company.com

Therefore the the user name and password for IMAP and SMTP is for the single email account.

Check out the Cisco CAD install guide, page 42.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: