Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse agent desktop

Hello,

With Cisco Finesse Agent Desktop do you still need install in application on the users' desktop for silent monitoring to work similar to CTIOS agent desktop, if not how does silent monitor work with Cisco Finesse Agent Desktop?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
No, you can do it from the Finesse itself. You should now have a button called "Start Monitoring" when selecting an agent. But first, you'll have to go and configure the "Monitoring CSS" for all the lines of the supervisors. The CSS must be one that can "see" the partition of all the agent lines.

We have silent monitor thru the desktop NIC card, the process your talking about how is different from what we have?

Yeah, this old method is not required anymore.
By the way, I forgot to mention that you must set "Build in Bridge" to "On" for all relevant devices (agents mostly). When BIB is on, and when monitoring is requested, the monitored device is replicating the RTP stream of the whole call towards the supervisor that requested the monitoring.

When a supervisor is pressing the "Start Monitoring" button on an agent that is in the middle of a call, his phone will get a call "like" and this call will be automatically answered with the monitoring of the agent.

Can you still listen to the silent monitoring on the supervisor desktop or only the supervisor desk phone?

I'm not so experienced with CAD and all the old tools, more with Finesse agent desktop (the web one). So I have no idea how the tool you're using is working, if it's working on the same idea as I explained, and not with duplicating traffic of a NIC which sounds very old school method for me, so guess it should work. But again, can't say for 100% as I'm not familiar with it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: