Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse and SAP C4C integration

DineshR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are working on the Cisco Finesse and SAP C4C application integration. 

SAP C4C is the sales could application where master data and sales information is stored. 

As per our requirement & architecture perspective, we would like to receive customer phone call in Finesse and forward the phone number (ANI) to C4C application and customer is recognized automatically.

C4C has an option to configure external CTI Provider and we can maintain the Provider URL as well.

But since there is no much standard documentation available for this integration, I am looking for a suggestion how to achieve it with respect to Cisco Finesse and C4C application.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks and regards,

Dinesh.

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dinesh,

I am not sure what you mean by "maintain the Provider URL" so hopefully I'm not asking the same thing. Does your C4C application have REST APIs where you can pass in the ANI value and it can do the search? Or is your C4C application a webpage where you can pass in the ANI as a query parameter? If so, you can achieve that by using the Finesse workflows.

As far as integration with a CTI, Finesse doesn't expose the CTI. As a matter of fact, it gets all its data via CTI from UCCE/UCCX. So, if you want to integrate it to the CTI, you will need to do it directly with UCCE/UCCX with the CTI Protocol.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Dekwan,

Thanks for the reply.

SAP C4C is a cloud enterprise application it provides integration with external CTI providers as an out of box features.

As per documentation, 1. Cisco finesse has to setup a widget to transfer the ANI number to C4C applicaiton.                           

2. Finesse widget URL will be maintained as Provider URL as attached in the screenshot 1.

3. Once these two settings are completed, whenever there is an incoming call into finesse then the caller information will be displayed based on the phone number search in C4C which is standard functionality.  see screenshot 2 and 3.

4. SAP C4C will handle query and process is completed.

Questions from my side:

How can we create widget in Finesse which will provide URL for C4C? 

Thanks and regards,

Dinesh.

Hi,

@DineshR wrote:

As per documentation, 1. Cisco finesse has to setup a widget to transfer the ANI number to C4C applicaiton.                   

Does the documentation state HOW Finesse should transfer the ANI number to the C4C application? A Finesse gadget will have the ANI number and can provide that information, but how is the application expecting it?

@DineshR wrote:     

2. Finesse widget URL will be maintained as Provider URL as attached in the screenshot 1.

What do they mean by provider URL? Is it the URL where the gadget is hosted?

I can't help you on how to create the gadget unless I know how the application is expecting the data.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your reply.

As per documentation it says that URL will be widget URL which is hosted in a cloud.

Widget should be configured to forward the ANI number in below format:

http://host/?CID=CISCO9876&ANI=<phonenum>  

where host is replaced by widget host, CID is default value for Cisco and ANI will be dynamic parameter for each incoming call.

Just in case,  if you want to have a look at the documentation:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/5f35ee8b31e44f2786d7c2696defa2f6/1908/en-US/b3d0c82ec5de408d9fdb5e894094dc3d.html?q=widget

Thanks and regards,

Dinesh.

Hi,

Thanks for the documentation. Based on what I understand from it, you need to build an external widget that will be placed into your C4C. I was under the impression that you were talking about a Finesse gadget to be put into the Finesse out of the box desktop, but now I see that is incorrect. I can't tell you how to build a widget, but to get Finesse functionality into a thin/widget client, you will need to call the Finesse APIs as well as connect to the Finesse notification service. You will not be able to use the Finesse JavaScript library since that library can only be used in the Finesse out of the box desktop.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for checking this.

Below is sample project for external widget configuration and guess it is giving enough information to try this approach:

https://github.com/dinesh-ram/cloud-c4s-cti-integration

Thanks and regards,

Dinesh.