cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse API not reflecting changes to Team

lmsytner
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to get a Finesse Gadget working for a specific team - but have come across an issue.

In the Cisco Unified CCX Administration portal for Finesse, when changing the team membership of an agent, that change does not appear to be reflected in the user information reported by the Finesse API when making the following call: 

https://«uccx-fqdn»:8445/finesse/api/user/«username»

If I log into the Finesse Desktop as the user the change does seem to have taken effect.

Similarly, when making changes to the agent state from within the Finesse Desktop session, the Finesse API call reflects those changes (state, stateChangeTime, etc...).  It is just the teamId and teamName that seems to be unchanged in API results.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cisco Unified CCX Administration
System version: 11.6.1.10000-51 (ES02-24)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did try the GET request from a couple of different machines so I am not sure it was a client-side caching request.  I also tried a couple of different browsers, in addition to Postman.

In the end though the issue was resolved following a restart of the following services on the UCCX:

Cisco Finesse Tomcat
Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service
Cisco Unified CCX Socket.IO Service

To my own frustration I neglected to test each of the three in turn - so I am unsure which was ultimately the culprit.

Should it happen again I'll be going one service at a time... :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Using the same version of UCCX, I was not able to reproduce your issue. Using the GET on the uri you showed below (I assume the user should be User), I was able to see the new team when calling the API after I made the change in the CCX Admin portal. I changed the agent's team in two ways: 1) Via the Resources page, 2) Via the Teams page. In both scenarios, I was able to see the new team name reflected immediately.

Could it be that your GET request/response is being cached on the client side? I am using Postman.

Thanx,

Denise

I did try the GET request from a couple of different machines so I am not sure it was a client-side caching request.  I also tried a couple of different browsers, in addition to Postman.

In the end though the issue was resolved following a restart of the following services on the UCCX:

Cisco Finesse Tomcat
Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service
Cisco Unified CCX Socket.IO Service

To my own frustration I neglected to test each of the three in turn - so I am unsure which was ultimately the culprit.

Should it happen again I'll be going one service at a time... :)

Hi,

I'm glad your issue is resolved. Hopefully it doesn't arise again. If it does, let me know.

Thanx,

Denise