Replies

Cisco Finesse Failover

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

UCCX 11.6

2 nodes

When our primary server does down, logged in Finesse agents automatically redirects to secondary Finesse URL, which is good. However, once the connection to the primary server re-establishes, we are just seeing that the Finesse page refreshes but the URL is still pointing to the secondary Finesse. Should it change to primary Finesse URL?

Btw, when we checked the SystemInfo, both are "IN SERVICE".

Also, how to determine on which Cisco Finesse server is an agent currently logged in? Is there a command?

Thanks!

16 Replies 16

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

However, once the connection to the primary server re-establishes, we are just seeing that the Finesse page refreshes but the URL is still pointing to the secondary Finesse. Should it change to primary Finesse URL?

No it should not. It's totally happy where it is. Cycle that Finesse Tomcat and they will go back. It does not really matter. In an ideal world, half your agents would be on Finesse 1 and half would be on Finesse 2 so a failure only affects half the pool. A redirecting load balancer could do that for you.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a command or can we know if what Finesse server is an agent currently logged in?

Yeah - that was a good question but I don't think I know the answer.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. I'll check the guide if there's anything and post it here.

Hi,

there is little bit difference in Finesse architecture if we talk in terms of UCCE and UCCX. Since we are discussing here in context of UCCX, so here is description from Cisco:

Since UCCX uses the active-inactive deployment model, Finesse also mirrors this behavior in Express deployments. Finesse is active only on the node where CCX engine is Master, and follows the engine mastership. Users can log in only to the Finesse server that is currently active. If they attempt to log in to the inactive Finesse server, they will be automatically redirected back to the active Finesse server. Each Finesse server in this model connects only to its own local CTI server instance. UCCX ensures that CTI server is active and allows client connections only on the node where CCX engine is the master.ff.PNG

so it answer your question, that whoever has mastership of uccx engine, agent will be redirected to that UCCX.

Regards,

Mukesh

Good information - thank you.

You are correct in assuming that my background is UCCE. I did work with IPIVR before CVP and knew that coding, but I have done very little on UCCX and nothing in the last 10 years. They certainly have a lot more similarities now that 10 years ago, but still some fundamental differences.

Regards,

Geoff

There is no direct command but from this file you can view the current agents logged in. This file overwrites very quickly. So you may have a data probably last 30mins

file view activelog /desktop/logs/tomcat/localhost_access_log.txt
from CLI you can check agentId currently logged /connected on which server.
Ex:-
[14/Aug/2018:14:10:01 -0700] {ipaddr} {ipaddr} {agentId} - 443 PUT /finesse/api/User/{agentId} HTTP/1.1 202 - 2

Actually the behaviour has changed in 11.6.

Now both Finesse Services can be in service and will be able to handle agents on both servers. if they both are in Service.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/211582-Tech-Note-on-UCCX-11-6-Pre-Release-Commu.html#anc14

Hi Martin,

i did not find easier method or commands to get this info.

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3
Hi Flo.Matalis,

This is maybe an offtopic question, but I would like to know what you did in your setup to make it redirect users to the secondary Finesse server without any manual intervention, I mean, when our primary Finesse goes down, I should manually use the second link to log people in, we have a premium ccx license, any Idea ?

CCX 11.5

Hi,

You need to configure Primary Collector and Failover Collector service parameter.

go to  Unified CCX Serviceability -->Service Parametersdd.PNG

Regards,

Mukesh

I've checked that, I have it already active in my secondary server aswell (Cisco RIS Data Collector (Active) )

hi,

generally what happens, UCCX servers exchange keep alive message and if Subscriber miss five consecutive keep alive. it automatically fails over.

Hi Trick,

Do you have HA license? Can you post what licenses do you have? System -> Licensing
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: