Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber does not send RTP to NICE Recorder

korkiatcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

During the Coronavirus time, my organization does split the site for supporting continuity on call center. On the remote site, there is no IP Phones provided for call center agents so I use the Cisco Jabber instead, every function work properly but unfortunately the recording is not working as expect.

My environment has two endpoint types; IP Phone 7821 and Jabber for Windows 10.5.

the recording on IP Phone 7821 is working but Jabber is not.

These are what I did:

• The configuration for recording in both IP Phone and Jabber are the same. Built-in-bridge is "on" and I have tried on both "gateway preferred" and "phone preferred".
  • Packet sniffing from the PC and the result was there is no RTP packet sent to NICE recorder, It was just only between PC's IP address (Jabber) and IP Phone's IP address.
  • On RTMT, there were SIP signalling from CUCM to NICE when it establish the call which means that CUCM forced the phone to send the recording stream to NICE.
  • On Windows' Firewall, I did allow "any" ports from Cisco Jabber application on both inbound and outbound rules.
  • By the way, calling from caller to called on Jabber is normal. It not working only for recording.
  • CUCM version 10.5
  • NICE team had investigated the problem, they suspected the Jabber on Windows and Windows's Firewall.

Any recommendation?

Thank you in advance.

#StayHomeStaySafe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, this isn't for your version, it is for a more recent one, but figured I'd mention it in case you want to try the fixed version that is outlined in case you can rule that out?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs20255

View solution in original post

I am working with NICE, they suggest me to change the device name to the capital letter. previously I used "CSFjabber01". no packets sent out from Cisco Jabber to NICE Recorder (sometime work it is works I don't know why). Now, I changed it to "CSFJABBER01". there are packet sent out from Cisco Jabber to NICE Recorder all the time! The cause of this issue will be the NICE is case sensitive.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, this isn't for your version, it is for a more recent one, but figured I'd mention it in case you want to try the fixed version that is outlined in case you can rule that out?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs20255

korkiatcisco
Level 1
Level 1
I downloaded the 12.8.1 and sniff the packet sent out.
the result is WORKING!

by the way, Recording media source "Gateway Preferred" is not working but I changed it to "Phone Preferred"

Thank you very much Bill!

I am working with NICE, they suggest me to change the device name to the capital letter. previously I used "CSFjabber01". no packets sent out from Cisco Jabber to NICE Recorder (sometime work it is works I don't know why). Now, I changed it to "CSFJABBER01". there are packet sent out from Cisco Jabber to NICE Recorder all the time! The cause of this issue will be the NICE is case sensitive.

Sharing the technical information from NICE.

1. CUCM sends INVITE UDI as "CSFjabber01" to VRSP (NICE)

2. VRSP is expecting these UDI’s in uppercase like "CSFJABBER01" because NICE IC will change the lowercase UDI to uppercase, so AIR will update VRSP with uppercase UDI’s only.

3. As VRSP is case sensitive and CUCM is not case sensitive, so VRSP fails to find the Media Target Table for the Invites from CUCM and call fails.