Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Quality Management - How to set the codec used in Daily Recording Storage

Hello,

I read in the Cisco QM 11.5 technical documentation that it is possible to select the type of codec used by QM for the Daily Recording Storage. Currently, the files I find there use the 16-bit codec and I would like them to ideally use the SPX or the 8-bit. I did not find where I can configure this setting.

In the QM interface, however, I selected SPX as the file type.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

When a user clicks on a recording in the web page the system will create three files in the recording\temp folder

An energy file .eng, a wav file and a webma file.

The webma file is used to play audio in the web page. I don't know why the system also creates the wav file but it looks to be a 16bit stereo file which you can play back.

These files should be kept for 24 hours and then deleted by the system.

Do you have files older than 24 hours in the temp folder?

Graham

View solution in original post

Thany you for all the information.  This is exactly what I can find in the folder.  Now, I have a much better understanding.

Have a good day

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Run the postinstall.exe and under Enterprise Settings you will have an option for Storage configuration where you can select one of the following as Audio Format:

SPEEX

WAV-8

WAV-16

We did but this is not what we see when we check the codec used in the daily Recording Storage.

Recordings stored in the SPEEX format have a file extension of espx

Recordings stored in the Wav-8 format have a file extension of ezwav

Why do you think its not using SPEEX, where are you looking?

Graham

Hello,

I can see files in a folder, directly on the server.

What is the path to the folder?

Hello,

Validating this information makes me understand that it is not daily storage but files that were exported by users.  Can we  limit the number of files saved and keep on the server ? How can I put some limit ?

F:\Program Files\Common Files\QM\recording\temp

When a user clicks on a recording in the web page the system will create three files in the recording\temp folder

An energy file .eng, a wav file and a webma file.

The webma file is used to play audio in the web page. I don't know why the system also creates the wav file but it looks to be a 16bit stereo file which you can play back.

These files should be kept for 24 hours and then deleted by the system.

Do you have files older than 24 hours in the temp folder?

Graham

Thany you for all the information.  This is exactly what I can find in the folder.  Now, I have a much better understanding.

Have a good day