Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE 10.x to 10.5.2 upgrade

DJ Kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone have the detailed steps for migrating from 10.x to 10.5.2 for UCCE.I am going to use Common Ground approch so if someone has done that please share experience and precautions with steps

Thank you

Regards,

DJ

15 Replies 15

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the current version of ICM 10.0(x)  or 10.5(1) ? 

10.5(2) is patch , there is no specific steps for patch upgrade. you just need 30 minutes downtime to upgrade the system.

Hi

Current version is 10.0(x) and want to upgrade to 10.5

Hi,

So I found that its minor upgrade there will not be any of the changes as below

1.Windows will remain the same 2008 R2 Standard 

2.SQL 2008 R2 will remain as it is

3.Logger/Router/AWHDS will be upgraded from 10.0 to 10.5.1

Please let me know if anyone has done this upgrade

Regards,

DJ

Hello,

I have done it, if you do it step by step there should be no issues at all, i consider this a minor upgrade.

Amer

Hi,

Please let me know if you followed any guide or document for this ??

Do I need to take any backup of components also will I have to use the EDMT tool or something.

Let me know asap please

Hi,

you can use install and upgrade guide as reference.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_5_1/Installation/Guide/UCCE_BK_IDDD2CEA_00_install-upgrade-guide.html

There is no EDMT required from 10.0 to 10.5 since it is minor upgrade installer itself takes care. 

Always take your DB Backup (config,historical) helps in case any upgrade failures.

And refer the section "Preupgrade" which talks about both CG and TR paths and upgrade tasks flows

Hi,

Thanks Sasikumar,When I was searching before it did say go from 10.0.2 to 10.5.1 then 10.5.2.

However if I see cisco.com for download of patch I only see 10.5.2.So can I just run the installer pack of 10.5.2 directly on Rogger,AW and PG ??

Regards,

DJ

10.5(2) patch can only run on top of 10.5(1). if you need 10.5(1) installer you may need to reach out to partner (it will not be available directly on cisco site for download). 

Hi,

Thanks all for input.I was not easy ride after doing upgrade to 10.5.2 on all the servers.When we flipped the PG to see if Finesse works fine we hit multiple bugs and issues.We had to apply 10.5.2 ES6 on PG's only.Also agent reskilling was major issue where we hit bug.Also finesse acted different it lost reason codes and we had to restore from Finesse DRF backup on both the servers.

I will recomend wait for 10.5.3 patch to be released and go for that instead of 10.5.2a

Hi,

Now I have a question has anyone patched from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3

Kindly let me know the detail issues which anyone faced and what precautions should I take

Thank you

Regards,

DJ

I recently did a 10.5(2) to 10.5(3)installation. The Read Me should have all the instructions. Basically, just start with one side by stopping services and setting their startup to Manual... uninstall any Engineering Specials... and then install 10.5(3). You may get a message about some DLL files being used which fails the install... simply use Process Explorer to find those DLLs and kill the process. 

Ok, so after upgrade 10.5(2) to 10.5 (3) is there any changes in Database like CUIC reports? have u observed Is there any changes in ICM Database Tables & Columns w.r.t 10.5.3

No schema changes. You don't normally see these in an MR - 11.5 is an exception, though.

Regards,
Geoff

Thanks, 

Sorry I cant get  "You don't normally see these in an MR - 11.5 is an exception, though."

If I upgrade 10.5(2) to 10.5 (3) so there will be no changes in CUIC Stock reports I agreed  but is there any possibility changes into the CUIC Custom reports. For Ex ( New Table Added, Changes in Table, new DB columns will be added)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: