Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE abandoned calls

Dbud
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am fairly seasoned in Cisco but still am newer. Forgive my ignorance as I am still learning all the lingo.

Our company appears to have a misdirected call issue that is user error. This problem is out of my hands. Some of our company uses cisco, while others do not. They have an external back line receiver. If that external back line takes an inbound call that was originally misdirected to them from another cisco team within the company, then places the original caller on hold and conferences our Cisco line, and manually enters the option to direct to our skill groups and then hangs up, does that count as an abandoned call even though the original caller is holding for us? If that original caller holding and then also abandons, does that double our abandoned calls? ANI shows our internal company number, not original callers.
(example: caller 1 reaches cisco user. Cisco user direct transfers caller 1 to external back line. External back line answers, places caller 1 on hold and conferences to my team then hits end). I’m trying to track the call, but since it’s an external line, it doesn’t exist. 

Hope this isn’t as confusing as I think it is haha. Thank you 

3 Replies 3

To recap a call arrives to some non call center back line. That person conferences in the IVR and transfers the customer and hangs up. Right? If so, no it's not abandoned as the call stays active even if it was a conference. It will be an abandoned if the everyone in the conference dropped.

david

Hello! thanks for the reply. Correct, however the non cisco back line doesn’t hit transfer. Once they hit conference and manually select in the IVR for the customer they end the call. So even though the non cisco line dialed out and hit the IVR, as long as the customer stays on and reaches an agent it wouldn’t mark as abandoned. But if they both hang up prior to an agent, it only counts as 1 abandon then?

That's correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: