Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE Rogger or PG services -- Manual vs Automatic

DJ Kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We all know that UCCE servers the services should always be Automatic.I wanted to know is there any scenario where it changes to Manual ??

Also if the Router/PG are set to manual on A side and other side its automatic what will be the impact.

And will the failover work ?? does manual means it will be only be issue when something happens to the network or server goes down and sinces its manual we will have to start it ??

Kindly let me know

Regards,

DJ

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Setting service manual means when system reboots the services will not come up automatically and you have to to go start them manually.

the use case where you need to set them manual is during upgrade, you don't want services to come up while you are upgrading the system and having multiple system reboots. 

thanks

So can I change the services from Manual to Automatic during production or I shall take downtime ??

Yes. you can change during production time.

its the same process as going to services.msc and changing service mode to automatic or manual, cisco just provides Additional console to do this job (ICM service explorer). and you can change it anytime.