Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCX Data purge issue

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have an issue with the data purge in my uccx server. We have configured the details if the DB size exceeds 80% then purge data at 12:00AM.

But this does not happenned and still we are getting alerts.

Is there a way to see when does the last data purge happenned ?

Also if I do manual purge , will there be any impact if I do it in production hours.

Also after purging whether I can retrieve the datas or it will be deleted.

Thanks

Sathya

5 Replies 5

A log file, PurgeProcess.log, stores information about the automatic purging activities that the system performs. The PurgeProcess.log file has a maximum size of 2 MB. When this file reaches its maximum size, the system copies it to a backup file named PurgeProcess.bak. The system maintains one such backup file. Each time the PurgeProcess.log file reaches 2 MB in size, the system moves that information to the existing backup file, overwriting the information in the existing backup file. This log file is stored on the CRA server in the <CRAinstallationDirectory>\wfavvid\log\Purge_Sch directory. (By default, the system installs in the Program Files directory.) You can view this log file by opening the file in a text editor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008018f7d2.html

Impact of Manaul purge depends on the DB size, it might increase the CPU utilization in case of high Db size. to be on a safer side do it in off hours.

Also, when you purge data, you permanently delete it. If you want to keep data that will be purged, back up the databases. Pls refer the below docs for more on the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008018f7d2.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/config/guides/UCCX_BK_U9F91527_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide-release-10-5/UCCX_BK_U9F91527_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide-release_chapter_01011...

-Venkatesh

Do rate helpful posts.

Hi,

I set up the purging and it worked ( verified by minimum start time by sql cmds )  but still I am getting the below error

alert DB CRA % Space Used has occured. Counter DB CRA % Space Used of Unified CCX DB Monitors on node MELIVR01 has value of 81  which is over high threshold 80

I checked the show status command and I can see Disk ( CAtive , Inactive , logging ) and Used space is around 40%.

I am not sure how the the alert is showing as above 80% and let me know where I can check the correct status.

Thanks

Sathya

Adding details to the above thread,

This is what i configured 

Purge data older than : 35 month ( this was done 2 days back )

When I checked today

minimum start time is 2011-10-27

Max start time : 2015-11-18. 

regards

Sathya

If the date is changing when you run the below command, this means purging is definitely happening in the background:Based on the output of below command, keep changing the purge configuration as I mentioned earlier

run uccx sql db_cra select min(startdatetime) from contactcalldetail

As I mentioned in my original thread as well, it can take several days before the purge counter actually comes under the risk threshold in a working Call Center environment (which is actively taking calls and performing verious operations adding to the database) wherein the rate of data insertion to the Historical Tables is much higher than the rate of data purging. If you need quick remedy to this, contact TAC so that they can perform the process manually.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sathya,

Before we start on this discussion, lets discuss how exactly Purging happens within the database:

Assuming the customer has data for 50 months and want to purge the data for 40 months. So, the customer configures the schedule purge configuration to "purge data greater than" 10 months. Then UCCX will check the data which is greater than 10 months and will initiate a purge. Now, whenever a purge is initiated, a purge session is initiated in the back-end. So now, we have one purge session in a running state already. Next day again, as we can't achieve to purge 40 months data in 1 day through purge. It will again check the data which will be greater than 10 months and initiate another purge that will cause another purge session to create.

If one session is there its fine, the informix will concentrate on executing that session but for multiple sessions informix has to make arrangements on running different sessions due to this purging can take forever and customers think it is really not happening as it will take a good amount of time to come down below the set threshold specially in a working Call Center environment (which is actively taking calls and performing verious operations adding to the database) wherein the rate of data insertion to the Historical Tables is much higher than the rate of data purging.

You can run the below command on CLI at various intervals to get the approximate idea of the oldest data from the Contact Call Detail table and see if the time is changing or not which will exactly tell you if the purging is happening or not:

run uccx sql db_cra select min(startdatetime) from contactcalldetail

Asssuming the output of above command tells us that the remaining data is 46 months old then go to Tools ->Historical reporting -> Schedule Purge Configuration and set below configuration something as the attached screenshot so that UCCX had a relatively smaller amount of time frame for which it needs to perform the purging. Keep playing with the purge schedule configuration based on the output of above command at different intervals till the time DB size does not come to a point wherein you just have the data for the actual period that you require i.e., 1 year, 2 year whatever as per your needs.

You can run below command from CLI to check the rate at which data is actually purging:

admin:file tail activelog /uccx/log/db/uccxspl.trace
trace expression :2015-11-12 11:02:40.000 Purge iteration from: 2014-12-09 13:00:00

trace expression :2015-11-12 11:02:40.000 Purge iteration till: 2014-12-09 14:00:00

trace expression :2015-11-12 11:13:32.000 Purge iteration from: 2014-12-09 14:00:00

trace expression :2015-11-12 11:13:32.000 Purge iteration till: 2014-12-09 15:00:00

The above snippet shows UCCX is able to delete 1 hour of data in approximately 10 minutes. This rate can differ based on the actual size of databse and the activities which are currently going at that moment with your Call Center.

Last but not the least, there is a below defect which had been opened for this particular issue and if the above mentioned workaround does not bring the DB under control in the next few days, it will be good if you can open a TAC case and get the older records truncated manually:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq24802/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Once the data had been purged, its gone forever. You cannot get it back. As far as Manual Purge is concerned, you should avoid it for now and see if Schedule Purge can bring the DB down following the above mentioned steps. At some point, if you decide to go for Manual Purge do it in after hours or when the Call Center is working at its lowest efficieny.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -