Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCX Enhanced with CUCM

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon Guys

I  am due to start a project to begin the implementation of Cisco Unified  Contact Centre Express (enhanced) and its full integration with Cisco  Unity 7.0.1 and Cisco UCM 7.0.1.3.

it will be put into place eventually for our IT helpdesk.

Although  I am in a team that administers CUCM/unity on a daily basis - this UCX  project is something that I havent worked with before. We are literally  starting from the very ground up.

We dont have UC as our emails are in the cloud.

Can I please ask the following:

Does  this application need to be installed on a seperate server or should it  be installed on our CUCM Publisher for example? (That is a IBM 7825  server.)

We are not going high availablity with UCX.

Also,

if we go seperate with a new sole built server ( which is fine ), should we keep it as the same model of server as the CUCM?

Thanks for all your help in advance - this is the start of my journey on my way to CCNP voice.

Regards

Imran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does  this application need to be installed on a seperate server or should it  be installed on our CUCM Publisher for example? (That is a IBM 7825  server.)

Installing it co-resident with CCM was only possible on the Windows releases in the 4.x days. It is no longer possible with currently shipping GNU/Linux-based releases. You will need a separate server.

if we go seperate with a new sole built server ( which is fine ), should we keep it as the same model of server as the CUCM?

Not necessarily. The answer depends on the load that CCX will have. The sizing tool that answers this is only available to Cisco partners. You should work through it with them on this.

While on the topic I want to point out that everything is moving toward VMware-based installs. This includes non-Cisco hardware now in some cases. I am advising all customers not to order any bare-metal MCS hardware at this point. The virtualized deployment model is the way to go if you're making a capitol investment at this point.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Installing it co-resident with CCM was only possible on the Windows releases in the 4.x days. It is no longer possible with currently shipping GNU/Linux-based releases. You will need a separate server.

Not necessarily. The answer depends on the load that CCX will have. The sizing tool that answers this is only available to Cisco partners. You should work through it with them on this.

While on the topic I want to point out that everything is moving toward VMware-based installs. This includes non-Cisco hardware now in some cases. I am advising all customers not to order any bare-metal MCS hardware at this point. The virtualized deployment model is the way to go if you're making a capitol investment at this point.

Thanks for the nice reply.

I will look into the VMWare deployment actually - Quick question about the cisco support forum - once i click correct answer does that end the thread - and therefore If i want to ask another related question - is the ettiquete to ask a new question  - or can i continue to add onto the back of here?

By the way, i love these nuggets and tips that people pass on - keep them coming - thanks!

Regards

one point actually,

Does that mean , I can have the Cisco Voice OS installed onto a VMWare machine?

Marking an answer as 'correct' does not seal off the thread. You can continue to reply to it; however, if it's a new question not directly related to the original topic I would suggest a new thread. People tend to pay less attention to threads once it's answered.

Does that mean , I can have the Cisco Voice OS installed onto a VMWare machine?

Yes although be aware that Cisco is still getting their sea legs on the topic. You'll see some restrictions that will make a VMware engineer roll their eyes for now. They're not inteneded to be permenent restrictions, just until they can prove it won't cause issues. The documentation is all posted here:

docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization