Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CCX Database service Out

from-alex
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I have a strange problem regarding Cisco Unified CCX Database service.

Situation is the following:

UCCX 8.5.1 in HA Cluster

And from time to time, on 1st UCCX Cisco Unified CCX Database is going OUT OF SERVICE.

In CLI utils service list shows that service is STARTED, but in Web-Interface is OUT OF SERVICE.

Whether I restart it through CLI or Web, it stays in INITIALIZING status in Web, but in CLI is STARTED!!

After restart of the system everything goes back like it should be.

Don't see anything unusual in logs.

Any similar experiences? .... Any help or hint is appreciated!!

Thank you

A

18 Replies 18

phillip0707_2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Any ideas guys?

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guys,

Please post the exact UCCX version here, as it is displayed on UCCX App admin page.

If I understood correct, there is no impact on functionality but the visuals are confusing, right ?

Is it HAoWAN or LAN ? Such behavior is seen on UCCX Pub or Sub ?

GP.

Hi

I've seen this several times on 8.5... a reboot of the affected node brings it back until it decides to fail again. A bug for sure, but I've not had the chance to open a TAC case for it yet...

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

You are probably running into the defect CSCts80098.

That is why rebooting the server will bring the database back into service. A restart of CVD will also do.

Please rate helpful posts.

-thanks

Mohana

prashraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

This is a known issue due to the migration from a MCS server to a UCs Server

Defect ID :CSCtl05454

The reason this is happening is due to

Migrating from MCS to UCS but not keeping all settings intact like changing the case of the hostname

-Please upgrade to SU1 or SU2 to have this resolved

Thanks,

Prashanth

We have this same issue, no new applications can be configured though. We're going to restart the server out of hours so hopefully that brings it back to normal. As indicated above, through the CLI the database shows as 'Started', however on the ccx serviceability it shows as out of service.

Hi,

Are you on a pre SU2 release? You are probably running into the defect CSCts80098.

This is why a reboot of the server will bring it back into service. A restart of CVD will also do.

-thanks

Mohana

We're on 8.5.1.1000-37. We'll be looking to upgrade soon and have been on this version for almost a year without issues, so not a bad run.

Hi Ashley,

That is probably the bug you are hitting then. You can move to SU2 or SU3 and you wont face any problems.

-thanks

Mohana

Hi Ashley/Mohana,

We are also experiencing the similar issue as you were. So what exactly you guys did to make it working.

Did restarting process went successfully and you didnt face any issues. I would appreciate if you can share your part.

Coz I am experiencing the very same ; no new applications can be configured though. Through the CLI the database  shows as 'Started', however on the ccx serviceability it shows as out of  service.

Hi Muhammad,

The restart resolved my issue. I performed a cluster reboot for UCCX (Primary/Secondary) and we were then able to add applications. We haven't had any issues since, so without going through logs i couldn't tell you what the cause was.

Ashley

Thanks Ashley for your prompt response! We're thinking of the same but might involve TAC to look into the core.

Hi all

As pointed out above by Mohana (+5) the bug is CSCts80098.

You can reboot, restart CVD, or apply the latest SU for your release to resolve it fully.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

In the database control center, Disable CDS and HDS and then Enable CDS and HDS will work without rebooted both servers. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: