cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CCX Premium 7.0(1)SR05

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer that has 4 phone only agents.  They have added a couple new offices.  They want the agents to answer the calls differently base on what number the call came from.

The agents will all be at one location but taking the calls for all locations.  Since these are phone only agents I do not know of a way to alert the agent of the number the caller called so they know how to properly answer the phone.

Looking to the group for some suggestions.  Installing software on the workstations is not an option.

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you have some programming experience and the phones do not change their IP addresses too often (like every ten minutes or so), then what you might want to do is a web application that would periodically update a map of phone numbers - IP addresses (naturally, the key would be the agent extension) using AXL. This web application would listen for HTTP queries from the UCCX script, look up some information (probably in an external datasource) about the caller ANI, perform some calculations, like converting this ANI to some more human readable form like the name of the customer, then "send" a screen to the IP phone containing this info.

It looks like a tasty weekend project.

If you like this idea, I can help you with that (I demand at least 40 percent of the revenue )

G.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That does sound like some fun programming but a little more complicated then what I want to introduce into the environment.  My other team mates would have difficult supporting  this in my absence.

Hi,

well, I tried hard but cannot come up with anything better (unless you want to change your mind and install that Agent Desktop software on the PC's).

G.