Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Telephony with status Partial-Service

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have the solution with UCCX 11.x and the Cisco Unified CM Telephony com status Partial-Service. The Customer not report problem, but, I don´t understand because this field is with status. I understand that could be in status in service. I am correct in my analysis?

Thanks,

Wilson 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Are all your CTI ports, RPs, and users configured in UCCX still in the UCM? Have you looked at the MIVR logs? I would do a restart and then post the MIVR logs for when the system goes into partial service.

david

View solution in original post

Hi Wilson,

Don't restart CTI Manager service in production hours as it is Service Impacting. Before doing anything launch RTMT for UCCX and there will be Cisco Unified CCX section in the bottom left. Click on that and from there take a look at CM Telephony summary report and the other available one which will give you an idea what CTI Port/route Point is causing an issue causing CM Telephony to be in Partial. If it reports everything good simply go ahead with restart of CCX Engine in after hours and that should take care of the issue.

Regards

Deepak

(Please Rate Helpful Posts)

Ok so here you go Wislon. When you create Jtapi provideron UCCX the same is ceated/replicated on CUCM and by default whenver you add any CTI ports or Route Points using UCCX the same gets associated to that respective CTI/Jtapi user on CUCM (you can verify that on your side as well). Now from UCCX perspective, there is a component called Jtapi which resides CCX Engine and any communication that UCCX does with CUCM is done using Jtapi only and the component that is responsible on CUCM side toi answer the requests coming from Jtapi is CTI Manager. So lot many times the sync between Jtapi and CTI Manager is break hence it is recommened to restart CCX Engine on UCCX side as the JTapi component resides within that only and CTI Service on CM to take care of the sync problems between the two. As mentioned earlier both are service impacting so better to do it in Of Production Hours. For now you can login into RTMT and check the status of ports or Route Points by going into Cisco Unified CCX tab in the bottom left.

(Remember to Rate Helpful Posts)

Regards

Deepak

15 Replies 15

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Are all your CTI ports, RPs, and users configured in UCCX still in the UCM? Have you looked at the MIVR logs? I would do a restart and then post the MIVR logs for when the system goes into partial service.

david

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for Your contact.

Answering Your questions:

Are all your CTI ports, RPs, and users configured in UCCX still in the UCM? Yes, I verified that are configured and registered. There are not problem about configuration

Have you looked at the MIVR logs? No, I don´t verified the logs. I did data resync, but, didn´t worked

About the restart, restart the server?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Try restarting CTI Manager service on CUCM Servers.

Thanks,

Vaijanath S.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vaijanath S.,

Thanks a lot for You contact. What is impact in restart this service? Need to do in window maitenance?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Don't restart CTI Manager service in production hours as it is Service Impacting. Before doing anything launch RTMT for UCCX and there will be Cisco Unified CCX section in the bottom left. Click on that and from there take a look at CM Telephony summary report and the other available one which will give you an idea what CTI Port/route Point is causing an issue causing CM Telephony to be in Partial. If it reports everything good simply go ahead with restart of CCX Engine in after hours and that should take care of the issue.

Regards

Deepak

(Please Rate Helpful Posts)

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. About the activity in window maintenance, thanks a lor for information. I would like know what is relationship betwen the problem and the and CTI Manager?

Thank You,

Wilson

Ok so here you go Wislon. When you create Jtapi provideron UCCX the same is ceated/replicated on CUCM and by default whenver you add any CTI ports or Route Points using UCCX the same gets associated to that respective CTI/Jtapi user on CUCM (you can verify that on your side as well). Now from UCCX perspective, there is a component called Jtapi which resides CCX Engine and any communication that UCCX does with CUCM is done using Jtapi only and the component that is responsible on CUCM side toi answer the requests coming from Jtapi is CTI Manager. So lot many times the sync between Jtapi and CTI Manager is break hence it is recommened to restart CCX Engine on UCCX side as the JTapi component resides within that only and CTI Service on CM to take care of the sync problems between the two. As mentioned earlier both are service impacting so better to do it in Of Production Hours. For now you can login into RTMT and check the status of ports or Route Points by going into Cisco Unified CCX tab in the bottom left.

(Remember to Rate Helpful Posts)

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for the great explanation. I am verifying with my Customer if her authorize restart the CTI Manager. After this I inform the results.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Deepak,

Since this is a secondary node, restarting the CCX engine shouldn't cause any interruption right?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Deepak,

My Customer found the one Trigger in Subscriber UCCX with error config and will to correct. What is Your suggest for the next step: restart the CTI Manager? restart CCX Engine? restart the server by complete?

Thanks,

Wilson

Now we're getting somewhere. Fix the trigger, resync, and you should be good to go. Last resort would be a restart if the service is still in partial state.

david

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for Your quick answer. You mentioned the resync and I have the follow doubts:

1) Are there impact to do resync (I need the window maintenance or apply in after hours) or there are not problem and the resync can be did in any time?

2) About the resync: I did in data syncrhonization > data resync trigger only or all (call control group and CM Telephony User). Or sync about Cisco Jtapi Resync?

Thanks,

Wilson

Thank you.