cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WIM - is webchat with agent browser independet ?

jevgep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

After  adding "html code''  for the chat entry point to some page noticed that it doesn't work with some browsers.

When it doesn't work  I am getting back something like that:

"Cannot continue chat because your browser is not supported. Please access Chat help using a supported browser"

Webchat definitely works with IE7, and doesn't work with IE9, Firefox and so on...

So my question is simple:

Is it possible to fix something or users to access contact center agent for chat must use only supported browsers ?

If last is correct what is the list of supported browsers(couldn't find it)?

Thanks

Jevgenij

7 Replies 7

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

What version of WIM are you using?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

CIM:

Major Version: 4

Minor Version: 3

Service Pack: 2

Hotfix: 3

Thank you for pointing me to the document.

Just thoughts: Isn't this a bit wierd?

Lets imagine situation when a customer calling to some contact center and IVR response back to him something like:

"Sorry, your Nokia mobile phone model is not supported, please use supported phone model for access. Thank you"

)))

You can change the wording of the error message that shows to the customer or remove it all together.  Unfortunately the versions advance so fast anymore (Firefox rolls out a new version every 6 weeks) that it is difficult (and frustrating) for developers to keep up.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

I think I found a fix for that problem.

I haven't completed tests but results looks promising....

Just played a bit with the BrowserCapability.settings file on CIM.

Below you can see a proof:

Please use it on your own risk.

P.S. maybe we shoudl bring a note to devolopers that it is not so difficult ?

Please can you share how you edited the  BrowserCapability.settings file on CIM?

Regards,

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: