Views
Helpful
Replies

Clarification on SendToVRU node

RAVIKUMAR J K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have ICM  integrated with CVP using Type 10 network vru. 

I see there is one particular Label and correlation ID returned back to cvp when it encounters send to vru node for establishing VRU leg.

And there are many labels configured under this Routing client and do not see any default label for it.

I have gone through some documents and all mention just that a special label will be transferred to CVP.

I have also got to know from seniors that the very first label configured for this routing client will be returned.

I would like to have some clarification on which label will be returned and if it is sending very first label configured, is there any cisco document I can reference?

Thanks all in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

well if i frankly speak, i have worked on many setups but never seen any of them using two VRU labels for same routing client.

technically you don't need two, not aware of any situation where you need two for the same routing client. this might be a mis-configuration or over-configuration. but if you have two of them configured then ICM will always use the first configured one. and if you delete that first one ICM will start using second one.

View solution in original post

Please see my responses below,

1. So one Network vru label is required per routing client. If in case there are multiple labels configured target type as Network vru under network settings then they will be considered in the order they were configured.

---->VRU label is associated with CVP routing client. You can have multiple VRU label as well but at a time CVP RC can only be associated with a single VRU label. Multiple VRU label scenario is used to segregate calls based on region to different VXML GW.

2. For DN labels, it is not required to set target type as network vru.

---->You are right.

Regards,

Vinod Kewate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

there is nothing such very first label.

the net vru label is returned to routing client when script encounters send to VRU.

it is also sent out to routing clients when script has to run micro app or CVP application and it has not encountered a send to VRU node in Script execution.

ICM will decide what label to which routing client based on network VRU explored label configuration.

the label will be appended with corr id and send to the routing client.

if routing client is CVP:

now if your routing client is CVP, the label will map to VXML gateway and the VXML gateway will be configured with bootstrap application.

the bootstrap application will send htttp CALL request to call servers IVR service and the DNIS as the label.

now based on max DNIS length configured on CVP, CVP will figure out its a post routed call and split DNIS and corr id and present it ICM using request instruction.

ICM identifies the call and the node passes from success path.

and looking at the all of above , the call is also at VXML gateway port so ICM can now request CVP to send VXML docs to gateway for execution those are nothing but your micro apps or studio app.

if Routing client is CUCM:

if CUCM is the routing client, the ICM will send label back to CUCM with corr id appended.

CUCM has to pass label to CVP call server, CUCM does this using route pattern configured to match the pattern with label. corr id should also go to CVP.

once the label reaches CVP as DNIS, CVP does the same this as discussed above. it checks the length of DNIS and splits the corr id and DNIS and presents to ICM.

ICM identifies the call and sends one more label back to CVP to reach VXML gateway.

now the story follows as above discussed with CVP. 

Hope that clears out your doubt

Thanks for replying chintan.

Thanks for quick explanation on comprehensive flow.

Just to clarify my doubt let us consider CVP as routing client.

For ex: there are 2 labels configured under routing client cvp. say CVP_RC.11111 and CVP_RC.22222.

Now for every new call when ICM encountering send to vru whether through send to vru node or run ext script or queue to skill group, it sends out 11111+corr ID to cvp for vru kickoff and not 22222.

Now my doubt is what is special about 11111 so ICM considering this label over 22222?

hope am bit clear about my doubt now.

well if i frankly speak, i have worked on many setups but never seen any of them using two VRU labels for same routing client.

technically you don't need two, not aware of any situation where you need two for the same routing client. this might be a mis-configuration or over-configuration. but if you have two of them configured then ICM will always use the first configured one. and if you delete that first one ICM will start using second one.

Thanks chintan,

Well one particular label is being used to kickoff vru, other labels are being used in routing scripts explicitly to send calls to specified destination(for ex: out of office hour calls to voice mail) .

So if I understood correctly, then very first label will be used for vru kick off and if that is deleted, then ICM chooses next one for vru kick off right?

You are mixing DN lable with Network VRU label.

If you check network VRU configuration you should see only one label associated with CVP RC for VRU.

The 2nd label you are talking about is normal DN label which we use to send call to any alternate destination like VM, PSTN or even any destination on CUCM.

Thanks a lot Chintan, Vinod.

Now am able to understand.

1. So one Network vru label is required per routing client. If in case there are multiple labels configured target type as Network vru under network settings then they will be considered in the order they were configured.

Please confirm whether my understanding is correct.

thanks for your valuable inputs

Please see my responses below,

---->VRU label is associated with CVP routing client. You can have multiple VRU label as well but at a time CVP RC can only be associated with a single VRU label. Multiple VRU label scenario is used to segregate calls based on region to different VXML GW.

---->You are right.

Regards,

Vinod Kewate

As vinod explained, 

the Net VRU explorer has label configuration, and they are the special labels for the special operation.

also under list tools, under label list you will find all the configured label and you can add one here as well. the one configured in VRU explorer will also pop up here. you can also add the normal labels here i.e for voice mail and different location.

but again label is the super term, there are sub sets like normal label (you use in script), translation routing labels, VRU labels etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: