Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Requirements

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I do not have a specific question about CUCCX, but this is the second time I am going to deploy CUCCX- premium.

I need to hear from you what are the common things that customers usually ask to implement?

Also, if you can share with me some good ideas to implement, so my customer can feel that they bought a good and useful product.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In general from a scripting point of view, I would deploy a fairly standard setup, which has:

- Opening/closing hours, with out of hours prompts or redirection

- Holiday/public holiday automation

- Welcome prompts

- In queue prompts and hold music

- Position in queue playout

And also offer them options for voicemail for long queue times, etc.

I then add a seperate script to allow them to manage the contact centre via telephone using their supervisor extension number and PIN as a login:

- Set emergency closed status (which would redirect calls out, or play emergency prompt and hang up for example)

- Override the queue opening hours (i.e. open early or close at non scheduled times)

- Reconfigure opening hours

- Configure holiday dates

- Record over any of the customer facing prompts

This would all be done by writing parameters to an XML file that the main script reads.

I would usually do all this as standard as otherwise the changes above become common support calls.

On top of that you would have a discussion with the customer to see what specific things they want; they generally have ideas themselves or at least have a list of things they don't like about the existing system.

Obviously aside from scripting you should have all the standard system features tested and working, and discuss the CAD configuration with the customer - e.g. ensuring you have the right queueing setup for them, and that they understand the options around reason codes, recording and so on.

Finally, training the key users is very important. I often see users left with no idea how to properly use the Supervisor for monitoring/training/basic stats/recording and playback etc.

Worse, I often see systems deployed where the customer has no idea how to get the data they want from the Reporting app, and this is a key feature of the system that engineers often ignore.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In general from a scripting point of view, I would deploy a fairly standard setup, which has:

- Opening/closing hours, with out of hours prompts or redirection

- Holiday/public holiday automation

- Welcome prompts

- In queue prompts and hold music

- Position in queue playout

And also offer them options for voicemail for long queue times, etc.

I then add a seperate script to allow them to manage the contact centre via telephone using their supervisor extension number and PIN as a login:

- Set emergency closed status (which would redirect calls out, or play emergency prompt and hang up for example)

- Override the queue opening hours (i.e. open early or close at non scheduled times)

- Reconfigure opening hours

- Configure holiday dates

- Record over any of the customer facing prompts

This would all be done by writing parameters to an XML file that the main script reads.

I would usually do all this as standard as otherwise the changes above become common support calls.

On top of that you would have a discussion with the customer to see what specific things they want; they generally have ideas themselves or at least have a list of things they don't like about the existing system.

Obviously aside from scripting you should have all the standard system features tested and working, and discuss the CAD configuration with the customer - e.g. ensuring you have the right queueing setup for them, and that they understand the options around reason codes, recording and so on.

Finally, training the key users is very important. I often see users left with no idea how to properly use the Supervisor for monitoring/training/basic stats/recording and playback etc.

Worse, I often see systems deployed where the customer has no idea how to get the data they want from the Reporting app, and this is a key feature of the system that engineers often ignore.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the useful post, i have pretty much that same request from a customer.

Being new to UCCX and the scripting, is it possible to do via a web interface what you describe with the seperate script?

Cheers

Darren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: