cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Consult Transfer Issue - ANI Not Displaying on PQ versus Direct

wmelick
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue where any consult transfer to a UCCE PQ never updates the Call.CallingLineID variable in Finesse....even after the transfer completes.  The variable remains stuck on the extension doing the initial transfer and never displays the external customer ANI. 

However if I do a consult transfer directly to an agent's extension (as opposed to a PQ number), then the variable will update immediately in Finesse once the transfer completes.

Is there any way to force an update in the first condition?

The core problem is that our CRM tool can never pull a customer record for a consult transfer to a PQ.   It only works when the call goes directly to an agent any bypasses the queue.

I imagine I am not the only one with this issue....any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

I might not be following your example, but why not set the variable of the caller in a Peripheral Variable when it comes in, and then see if that gets passed to the agent during the transfer.

Thanks....I tried that but the issue is that the external caller's number never appears when the consult call is processed through PCCE...I never see it at all to set the variable....I only see the internal extension which initiated the transfer.   

I only see it update in Finesse if the consult transfer goes directly to an agent (not through PCCE).  In that case the Finesse display dynamically changes from the extension initiating the transfer to the external caller's number when the transfer completes.   

There is a discrepancy is the display between a call routed through PCCE and a direct call to the agent's extension.   

Hope that is clear. 

That doesn't really make sense. So if for instance you set (just as an example) variable 1 to equal the caller's phone number/ANI on the inbound call, and it goes to agent A. If you transfer that call to agent B, unless you're overwriting variable 1 in the 2nd script, it'll still maintain the original caller's number in variable 1.

Not saying this is your final solution, but assuming that variable doesn't change, you can work from there. If somehow your variable is overwritten, then you know perhaps you have something else going on, like the 2nd script is doing something. Like are you using override_cli somewhere in the call flow for instance?

Sorry more clarification....this is not a PCCE agent to agent transfer.   An external customer call comes in to a receptionist hunt group in CUCM.   They answer, then do a consult transfer for the call to a PCCE dialed number (a CTI Route Point in CUCM).  They do this method because customers complained about getting dropped when a blind transfer was done....so they only complete the consult transfer once the customer is in queue.   When that transfer completes to PCCE, the calling party (Call.CallingLineID variable) shows the internal extension of the receptionist doing the transfer....it never updates to the external calling party's number.   This is different behavior than when the receptionist does a consult transfer directly to an agent....in that case, once the transfer completes, Finesse shows the external caller's number correctly.

Thanks again.

That makes a little more sense. In that case, I'd double check the settings on the CTI route point for instance. Here's another post that seems to be what you're running into and they also mention checking the SIP trunk as well.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/caller-id-during-transfer/td-p/3059568

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: