cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Center CVP 12.5 reprompt bug

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

April 30: I'm testing 12.5 and found a bug with the algorithm that creates the vxml code around Nomatch and NoInput audio groups. Hope it'll get patched, but wanted to provide a 'heads up'.

In all the elements that collect caller input, if you OMIT the audio groups for NoMatch then the system is fine. It returns the call to VxmlServer if the caller encounters the number of no match events configured in the Setting named: MaxNoMatch. Similarly for NoInput audio group and MaxNoInput.

HOWEVER - if you add any audio groups for NoMatch into that element, then the VXML Code is created with an extra NoMatch event handler before it returns to VxmlServer.  This causes an issue, as your final NoMatch audio group wasn't asking caller for input. So it leads to caller not entering anything and going into a NoInput loop. 

Same problem for setting MaxNoInput and NoInput audio groups.

So, for example - if you set MaxNoinput to 1, then you'd BETTER NOT include a NoInput1 audio group! Because the vxml code will be waiting for 2 NoInputs before returning to VxmlServer.

Similarly, if you set MaxNoMatch to 2, and if you have a NoMatch audio group, then the vxml code is waiting for 3 NoMatch events before it returns to vxml server.

This was fine through 12.0, but it's VxmlServer 12.5 issue.

4 Replies 4

Hi Janine . Facing the same issue. DId you find any workaround for this error?

Cisco has an ES for that problem. I 'think' it's CVP-ES11

I believe it's this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw81416 which I don't think has really been fixed or the fix introduced a new bug.

david

The prompting work for the past 10+ years without a flaw. Cisco should
consider rolling back to whatever code was used before 12.5 for the
Form, Digits, Number, Menu, elements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: