Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Center

Nadesha
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a problem on contact center for position in queue where the caller will reach position 1 and waits for more than an hour then the position in queue increases either goes to 5 or 8 etc. how can i fix this problem? any suggestions or ideas on where i might look?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the caller/contact position in queue is actually increasing (ie you don’t have a logic error in your script) the only explanation I can think of would be the Set Contact Priority step that is giving other callers preferential treatment.

I don't know. I feel like the way they presented this, as a problem, makes it seem like this is happening consistently. I.e., If you send a test call through, you too will reach PIQ 1, and then wait an hour. If this was a typical priority bumping situation, that would mean that enough people rush in front of the caller right as they are PIQ 1, to keep them bumped for an hour. That sounds to me more like a defect/poor scripting. But I guess we wont know without some script steps presented to us. Let's see what happens from here.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I concur with Jonathan (+5), can you post all of your scripts that would queue that particular CSQ?

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the responses, just to be clear i am a technical Helpdesk administrator trying to help my engineers. please see the script for the contact center... 

g  

see text files for the script of the contact center please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: