cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Context Service Registration

joshorva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to figure out Context Service Registration. I have only used the sample registration code for Java so far. It seems that the only "thing" that I can register is an Application Type.

• What is an Application Type?

The sample Java code uses an Application Type of "doc". I have tried other Application Types, like "custom", however, they seem to be rejected.

• What is it exactly that I am registering?

The response I get for registering the application type "doc" is the following:

screengrab.2015-09-16.48880.14150.jpg

• What is the device "ccfs.prod.thunderhead.io"?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ccosenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

An application type is the type (class) of client application that you are registering. There will be custom types created by third-parties, but we will also have different types for the different Cisco Contact Center applications.  It doesn't look like the "custom" type has been provisioned yet. I'll look into it.

You are registering your application with Cloud Collaboration Management. The registration process returns a connection data string that you will use to connect your client to Context Service.

The device "ccfs.prod.thunderhead.io" is the fusion process (Cisco Hybrid Services) used to connect your app to the Cisco Cloud. This is a placeholder label at the moment.

Hope that helps!

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ccosenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

An application type is the type (class) of client application that you are registering. There will be custom types created by third-parties, but we will also have different types for the different Cisco Contact Center applications.  It doesn't look like the "custom" type has been provisioned yet. I'll look into it.

You are registering your application with Cloud Collaboration Management. The registration process returns a connection data string that you will use to connect your client to Context Service.

The device "ccfs.prod.thunderhead.io" is the fusion process (Cisco Hybrid Services) used to connect your app to the Cisco Cloud. This is a placeholder label at the moment.

Hope that helps!

Chris