Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert HRC to CUIC

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 9.x which still has HRC.

I'm planning to upgrade from Historical Reporting to CUIC. Is toggling between the two as seamless as the documentation indicates? I want to activate CUIC and I didn’t want to have a problem if I tried to switch it back.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Blake-

Yep, it's pretty much that simple.  It can take a bit of time to do the switch, but that is dependent on the amount of data.  It was quite some time ago that I tested switching between HRC and CUIC, but I don't recall any major issues.

That being said, some of the reports in CUIC have incorrect calculations.

DJ

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone share their experience if possible

Hi Blake-

Yep, it's pretty much that simple.  It can take a bit of time to do the switch, but that is dependent on the amount of data.  It was quite some time ago that I tested switching between HRC and CUIC, but I don't recall any major issues.

That being said, some of the reports in CUIC have incorrect calculations.

DJ

Thanks DJ.

Regarding: "That being said, some of the reports in CUIC have incorrect calculations"

You mind elaborating? Did you find HRC to be accurate?

Hi Blake-

HRC didn't seem to exhibe as many issues, but it was a mature product.  In your version of UCCX I wouldn't really call CUIC mature.

I am drawing a blank on the specific reports that had oddities, but here are a couple of defects that you may run into:

UCCX: Not Ready Reason Code Report Does Not Display Custom Reason Codes

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue26150

This one is important if your running anything prior to 9.0(2)SU2:

CUIC doesn't purge JMX logs

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc52857

Regardless of call volume ~150MB of logs will be generated each day and eventually stop your CCX Engine from being able to start.  They will never purge automatically, but rather you will need to purge them manually from time to time.

DJ

Wow, thanks for the info

You're welcome.

DJ

You're welcome.

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: