cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy Production UCCE/CUCM VMs to Development

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

I have questions on a development lab I’m working on.  The DEV environment will include restoring VM backups of 11.5 CUCM/UCCE/Finesse, etc.  I’m having issues with downloading the VM backups from our NAS to an external drive to restore them onto my DEV VM servers.  My questions are if I continue to have issues, I thought since my dev and production are on different networks that I could copy my production VMs over to my Development VM servers, reconfigure (change the hostname and IPs) them for development.   Is this a possible path to take without reinstalling all the components? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can surely do that but you have to be very careful with integration part of the components.  If you miss to make changes to even a single place, you may see unexpected results and may end up spending more time to figure out issue and correct it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: