cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy View from a Stock Report

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to copy a view from one report to another?  I created a copy of a stock report definition and made some modifications to a few fields.  Now I need to create a new report to use the new report definition, but when it creates the intial view is all fields.  I really just want to use the same view as the stock report template, but it seems to me that I need to create the view in my new report from scratch by looking at the view of the stock template.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately this is not possible, or at the very least not in any reasonably straightforward way. You might be able to with editing the XML from a report export, but you're just as likely to end up with a corrupted report if it even imports at all.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Unfortunately this is not possible, or at the very least not in any reasonably straightforward way. You might be able to with editing the XML from a report export, but you're just as likely to end up with a corrupted report if it even imports at all.

-Jameson

-Jameson

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Jameson.  Not the answer I was hoping for but seems to be the way it is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: