Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Call Back Call Flow

ajey_shetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can anyone help me understanding the following concepts of CCB

What is the role of survivability in ingress gateway for  CCB ?

What is the role of  cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl in VXML Gateway in CCB?

How does the CVP initiate Dial-out ?

How do we manipulate the outgoing number to match the DP ?

Will the number dialed out have sig-digits prefixed ?

-AI

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

What is the role of survivability in ingress gateway for  CCB? Same as any other call that comes from the carrier, to monitor the SIP connection ingressing into the CUBE. Another words, this TCL file sets up the SIP call leg to the call server SIP subsystem.

What is the role of  cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl in VXML Gateway in CCB? This TCL file is the middle man. It'll pass messages between the CUBE and VXML by way of VXML GW/VVB. When the app sends a message, it'll handoff to the cvp_cc service on the gateway that'll kickoff the TCL script. The script will send a SIP INFO message on the incoming call leg

How does the CVP initiate Dial-out? When the customer selects a callback, CVP proxies message to CUBE disconnecting the outside call; when this happens, the callback status is updated to Pending. For outbound... CVP proxies message to CUBE to place the outbound call. What really determines the timing and all that stuff is dependent on how the Call Studio app is setup. But survivability.tcl is what places the call back.

How do we manipulate the outgoing number to match the DP? You really shouldn't have to do this.

Will the number dialed out have sig-digits prefixed? No. As mentioned above, Survivability.tcl is what places the call back. This TCL script has passed that information in a SIP NOTIFY where CVP hands the callback number off directly instead of it having to go through the SIP Subsystem. Don't let the whole same gateway in/out requirement confuse this... that requirement is in place to make it easier for survivability to dial out.

View solution in original post

To check on the request call back, you can view the CCB Virtual Queue Diagnostic Page:

http://localhost:8000/cvp/CallbackServlet?method=Diag

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

What is the role of survivability in ingress gateway for  CCB? Same as any other call that comes from the carrier, to monitor the SIP connection ingressing into the CUBE. Another words, this TCL file sets up the SIP call leg to the call server SIP subsystem.

What is the role of  cvp_ccb_vxml.tcl in VXML Gateway in CCB? This TCL file is the middle man. It'll pass messages between the CUBE and VXML by way of VXML GW/VVB. When the app sends a message, it'll handoff to the cvp_cc service on the gateway that'll kickoff the TCL script. The script will send a SIP INFO message on the incoming call leg

How does the CVP initiate Dial-out? When the customer selects a callback, CVP proxies message to CUBE disconnecting the outside call; when this happens, the callback status is updated to Pending. For outbound... CVP proxies message to CUBE to place the outbound call. What really determines the timing and all that stuff is dependent on how the Call Studio app is setup. But survivability.tcl is what places the call back.

How do we manipulate the outgoing number to match the DP? You really shouldn't have to do this.

Will the number dialed out have sig-digits prefixed? No. As mentioned above, Survivability.tcl is what places the call back. This TCL script has passed that information in a SIP NOTIFY where CVP hands the callback number off directly instead of it having to go through the SIP Subsystem. Don't let the whole same gateway in/out requirement confuse this... that requirement is in place to make it easier for survivability to dial out.

Hello Omar,

Your information is of great help. Thank  you so so much.

I have one last question:

How do we manipulate the outgoing number to match the DP? You really shouldn't have to do this.

Suppose I leave a call back for the number 6154451234 and my out going dial-peer is 7777.T. Can I prefix the callback number with 77776154451234  ?

-Ajey

I found the solution to prefix the number. I could do it in CVP Callbackentry application.

Where do I check on the request call back information in-case of troubleshooting.

-Ajey Shetty

To check on the request call back, you can view the CCB Virtual Queue Diagnostic Page:

http://localhost:8000/cvp/CallbackServlet?method=Diag

Thank you so much :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: