Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Call Back doesn't hang call up

paulonwude
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have implemented Courtesy Call Back and it sends the call to the CallBackEngine on the VXML application and in there on Intercept Caller Hang Up I get and error.  However, there is no extra logging to see what the error might be.  I literally get:

CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:25.716,Intercept caller hangup,enter,
CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:27.731,Intercept caller hangup,custom,result,error
CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:27.731,Intercept caller hangup,data,result,error
CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:27.731,Intercept caller hangup,exit,error

Then on the caller's end it just plays dead air until I hit the default timeout on the VxmlGateway. Any help would be great!

21 Replies 21

If the SIP INFO containing UUS type=intercept (which I did see in one of your earlier posts) then that message should be received and processed by the TCL app.  Have you got header-passing enabled?

I have header-passing enabled.

Does it have anything to do with the "Unsupported Media Type" that returns right after?

I've just remembered what this is.   It's something that changed in recent IOS versions.  Give me a few mins and I'll dig it out.  I saw it elsewhere a little while ago but clearly long enough to have dropped through the brain holes.

Try setting pass-thru content unsupported in SIP settings or dial peer level.   Application/gtd shouldn't really require this as it's supposed to be one of the default supported content types.  Something appears to have broken this is a recent release.   I'm pretty sure this fixed it when it came up before so give it a try.

I had already applied "pass-thru content unsupp" in SIP settings with no effect.

I have now applied it on the dial-peer (inbound to CVP), still no effect.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.49.27.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.48.41.png

I found the previous thread where I'd been asked about this and I see it was also on 16.8(1).   Unfortunately, there was no follow-up message, which normally means it worked as you always get a reply when it doesn't.  The scenario was the same, with incoming SIP INFO + application/gtd rejected with a 415. 

It might be time to see if you get the same 415 error with another IOS version. 

Upgrading to IOS Version 16.11.1a fixed the issue with the callback.