Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy callback 8.0 reporting on icm

Hey.

Is there any way i can see in the awdb or hds database when a call has been a courtesy callback and not a normal inbound call. Or can i set a mark in the db that can show this ?

I want to make one report in cuic that shows have many calls there have been on a specific calltype (regular calls and callback calls)

Best regards

Thomas

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I generally would not recommend changing the Call Type mid-queue... it mucks up your ASA and Service Level reporting quite a bit, since counters reset on every new Call Type application. Courtesy Callback is certainly a different animal though - whether ASA or Service Levels matter to a Courtesy Callback call will depend entirely on your business processes.

That said, if you don't do a Call Type change, you could set a Peripheral Variable or create a new Persistent Expanded Call Variable in ICM to store that data, which can be reported on through the TCDR (Termination Call Detail Record)... though Cisco doesn't recommend reporting directly on the TCDR.

Another alternative would be to cancel queuing in ICM, then queue to a different Skill Group (or set of Skills) at a higher priority. "Call Type Skill Group" reporting in CUIC would show how many calls under that same call type delivered to one skill or another.

Personally, I would go with the call variable change and TCDR reporting. Call Type change makes for some strange reporting stats, and Skill Group change makes for a bigger administrative hassle when it comes to Adds/Removes/Changes.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

When a caller wants a callback, the CallbackEntry app returns to ICM and

ICM sends the call into the CallbackEngine app. In ICM, you could just

set a CallType right before sending the call into the Callback Engine app.

hemal.mehta
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, you can very much mark it is using call type in ICM and before offering courtesy callback. That way will show up in cuic reports.

Hemal

I generally would not recommend changing the Call Type mid-queue... it mucks up your ASA and Service Level reporting quite a bit, since counters reset on every new Call Type application. Courtesy Callback is certainly a different animal though - whether ASA or Service Levels matter to a Courtesy Callback call will depend entirely on your business processes.

That said, if you don't do a Call Type change, you could set a Peripheral Variable or create a new Persistent Expanded Call Variable in ICM to store that data, which can be reported on through the TCDR (Termination Call Detail Record)... though Cisco doesn't recommend reporting directly on the TCDR.

Another alternative would be to cancel queuing in ICM, then queue to a different Skill Group (or set of Skills) at a higher priority. "Call Type Skill Group" reporting in CUIC would show how many calls under that same call type delivered to one skill or another.

Personally, I would go with the call variable change and TCDR reporting. Call Type change makes for some strange reporting stats, and Skill Group change makes for a bigger administrative hassle when it comes to Adds/Removes/Changes.

-Jameson

-Jameson
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: