Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Callback with Whisper announcements

dsemmler
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have successfully deployed Courtesy Callback and Whisper announcements for a customer, but if a Call queues within CCB and is then answered by an agent, Whisper fails.

The router logs show "Unable to find Whisper Announcement media file ......"

I believe that this is because the media server is set to "URI(abs):http://media:7000/CVP/Server?" so that it will run the VXML app correctly, but is there a way to set the media server to the correct location (where the whisper file is) when the call exits the "BillingQueue" VXML app and is routed to an available agent.

I am relatively new to Call Studio.  hope this is an easy one..

any help appreciated.

Darren

14 Replies 14

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I believe your suspicions are correct in that your media path is not correct. Sounds like you'll need to setup the media path within your ICM script after exiting the application but before reaching the queue node. For instance, one of our customers has their whisper files in c:\inetpub\wwwoot\en-us\app

f.JPG

Make sure your queue nodes have target requery enabled

I think it might be a bug or something with UCCE/CVP 8x.  I have not got it successfully working in my UCCE/CVP 9 lab by copying the whisper files to the CVP tomcat directory.

Can I ask why you wouldn't set the Whisper up in an ICM script? WhisperAnnouncement is one of variables that you can pick from when using a Set Variable node.

I have already set the whisper before the queue to node..  whisper plays fine if the call is answerred before it hits the CCB scripts... the issue that I am having is that if the caller elects to stay on the line (queue) or when the callback call queues, whisper does not play when the customer is connected to the agent.

I ran into something similar, except it was for Virtual Hold. The way we resolved it was by placing two Set Variable nodes after the call exited VH and caller stayed on the line. We set one node for app_media = app and another for media_server = mediaserver and it worked like a charm.

Capturde.JPG

This is not a bug so much as a design flaw.  What we discovered is that if an caller is routed to an agent directly from a CVP application, Whisper tone fails.  As far as we can tell, the media server path reference is different from ICM vs. CVP.  The problem is that if the caller is routed to the agent from CVP, you don't get a chance to reset the media server for ICM speak within the routing script because the next Node after the "run external script" is not reached in this scenario.  It's not just CCB.  It's any CVP app (interuptable or not) where and agent is available while the CVP script is running. The only thing we could come up with to make it work is to copy the whisper tone wav files in the root path of the CVP media server.

I'm open to a better work around/solution, because duplicating wav files is not preferable.

I realize this was 9 months ago, but we are running into the same issue.  Looking for a suggestion on what the "root" folder would be for CVP media server, like c:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app?  Or are we talking the "mediafiles" folder under tomcat?

Thanks.

Bill Westby.

Agree - would really like to see some more info on this. gstaccenture's theory sounds correct, when queued the CCB call is contained within the interruptible CVP application the entire time in its "shadow queue" - so does copying the Whisper files to the default directory specified in the app solve the Whisper issue??? If not that's kind of a deal breaker...

Hi Bill,  its the below directory..

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\webapps\CVP

Darren

Thanks Darren!!!

So we did some research after finding the VXML tomcat root folder which solved the CVP VXML issue and a couple of our lead engineers found that if you simply set the WhisperAnnouncement variable to "http://<mediaserver>/<whisperfile.wav> then it will NOT build the Whisper announcement using mediaserver + locale + app_media_lib.  It seems that if CVP sees http://<somefilepath>/<somefilename.wav>; in the variable, it will just leave it alone.  If you remove the beginning http:// then it builds the variable as usual.  This is true if the whisper is being played from ICM or a Studio app like CCB.

WhisperAnnoucement is usually set at 40 characters so this might limit you depending on the path to the file, just have to put the whisper wav files in a unique shorter directory name to avoid any issues.

Bill Westby.

Thanks for the update Bill,  I have looked at my customers environment, and if I include the http://<somefilepath>/<somefilename.wav>; in the variable, I do break the 40 character limit.  I think form memory I did try this , but had issues most probably due to the length.

Darren

I see this is a rather old thread but it's the closest I could find to my issue.  My whisper announcements won't play.  All other media on the media server play just fine.  I've check the ICM script (no Call Studio involved). I've verified the files on the media server.  I checked the IIS logs and never see a request for this file like I do other media files. On my Router A I am getting the message...

Call setup failed for Whisper Announcement media file CLM_DS_AUTO_CP_WHIS.g729.wav.

The one thing that concerns me is the period at the end of .wav as I don't see a period at the end of any of the lines in the RouterA/Rtr log file.  I'm just not sure where that period could be coming from as it is not in the script.  If that is even the problem.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob

(putting this at the bottom so it doesn't look like it's been answered)

post CVP logs, may be we can find something useful there.

robkwil61
Level 1
Level 1

I see this is a rather old thread but it's the closest I could find to my issue.  My whisper announcements won't play.  All other media on the media server play just fine.  I've check the ICM script (no Call Studio involved). I've verified the files on the media server.  I checked the IIS logs and never see a request for this file like I do other media files. On my Router A I am getting the message...

Call setup failed for Whisper Announcement media file CLM_DS_AUTO_CP_WHIS.g729.wav.

The one thing that concerns me is the period at the end of .wav as I don't see a period at the end of any of the logs in the RouterA/Rtr log file.  I'm just not sure where that period could be coming from as it is not in the script.  If that is even the problem.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: