cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRA - Maximum executed steps

gayshan
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this exception in CRA 3.5(2) and would like to increase the value from the default 1000 steps. My concern is the CRA online help as well as documentations states that the default value should not be changed. Would appreciate it if someone could point out the implications of increasing this value, and how much should I increase it by, e.g. increments of 500, 1000, etc.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

It is adjusted under System\Engine\Engine Configuration\Maximum Number of Executed Steps

The caveat is that you should know why the 1000 step value is being exceeded. This parameter is a safety mechanism that prevents scripts from falling into endless loops.

It may be that you have huge script that should require >1000 steps. If not, you may have some bad logic that loops unnecessarily.

If, after evaluating your application, you determine that it is appropriate to exceed 1000 steps, adjust the value to be just large enough to accomodate your application. The particular value will vary.

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

It is adjusted under System\Engine\Engine Configuration\Maximum Number of Executed Steps

The caveat is that you should know why the 1000 step value is being exceeded. This parameter is a safety mechanism that prevents scripts from falling into endless loops.

It may be that you have huge script that should require >1000 steps. If not, you may have some bad logic that loops unnecessarily.

If, after evaluating your application, you determine that it is appropriate to exceed 1000 steps, adjust the value to be just large enough to accomodate your application. The particular value will vary.

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael

I was testing out a scenario whereby a caller would choose every posible option in the IVR menu over and over again. Would like to know whether it is posible to catch this exception in ICM so that the system is able to play an appropriate prompt saying that it has reach a maximum number of attempts.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: