cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a Contact Database in UCCX

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Our customer need to create a Contact Database in UCCX, so that when call comes in the Cisco Finesse it should search the database and based on the caller ID display the information like department , VIP status , Mobile Number 1 , Mob No 2 etc different fields.

Now I know that i can use the Call Variable to set the value and pull the information from the SQL server.

The problem is we have Enhanced License without which it is not possible to Integrate with SQL server.

There could be possibly 200-400 Contacts. Is there any possibility of building the local database in UCCX/CUCM and the call that in the Script ?

If we do will it scale for 200 -400 contact search or SQL is the only option .

Has any one configured such requirement ?

Please provide any solution as it is very urgent .

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid you cannot use the local database of UCCX.

What I would do:

- if the "database" is static and it does not change too often, I would build a simple XML, upload it to the Document repository of UCCX and look up the necessary information;

- if the "database" changes often, I would build a separate application server on top of a database and use the HTTP client capabilities of a UCCX script.

G.

In Both the cases what will be scalability , will the contact search  for about 200-400 contacts introduce any delays ? 

Can you put more light on HTTP method you pointed out ? We have Microsoft SQL server , how can we pull the information using HTTP from the server ?

Thanks for you quick reply, I would greatly appreciate if you can guide further.

Thanks again 

Hi,

no, I don't think that either alternative would introduce a significant amount of delay.

The HTTP method would actually require a web server and a web application. Based on the HTTP GET parameters a database lookup would be performed and the result then would be sent back to the UCCX script as an XML object. The UCCX script would then parse the XML object and filter out any useful information.

G.

To  Gergerly's point I am using an xml document that has a bit over 5000 elements and is 113kb in size being parsed for every call that goes through my contact centers.  I'm not sure how much information you'll have per phone number, but I haven't seen any issues on my side running 9.0(2)SU1 or 2 with a couple thousand calls coming through a day.

I use a subflow to parse the XML document and then provide the pertinent information back to the parent script as the same logic is being used in many different scripts.

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: