Views
Helpful
Replies

Create generated prompt in Arabic language

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I want to use system prompts in Arabic in UCCX script in create generated prompt rather than English

How can I accomplish this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

Not sure if you still need assistance with this... but since it has no responses, I'll post...

To use a System Prompt (for example the SP[Welcome.wav]) you must first set your 'Contact Language.'  By default, that is set to "L[en_US]" on my system.  Not sure what yours is built as...  In order to hear a system prompt in Arabic played (or any other language for that matter), you must have the Arabic language pack installed (or any alternate language of preference...) on your system.  (I have three languages installed on my system for example:  L[en_US], L[en_AU], and L[es_MX]).  If this is already done, but Arabic is not the default language, you must then set the "Contact Language" in your script to Arabic (I'm guessing it would be L[ar_AE] --but there are many different dialects and countries for Arabic, so use the drop downs in the expression editor to find the correct setting on your system.  

The main steps are as follows:

1.  Set Language variable

2.  Set contact with a language variable

3.  Set prompt with system prompt variable;  the system prompt changes with the assignment of the Contact Language setting.

Sample:

2020-0402-sampleChangeContactLanguage.png

Use the expression editor to help locate available languages on your system:

2020-0402-sampleChangeContactLanguage3.png

I recommend making the language assignments to pre-named variables.

2020-0402-sampleChangeContactLanguage4.png

This pretty much works for any multi-language configured UCCX system.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

Not sure if you still need assistance with this... but since it has no responses, I'll post...

To use a System Prompt (for example the SP[Welcome.wav]) you must first set your 'Contact Language.'  By default, that is set to "L[en_US]" on my system.  Not sure what yours is built as...  In order to hear a system prompt in Arabic played (or any other language for that matter), you must have the Arabic language pack installed (or any alternate language of preference...) on your system.  (I have three languages installed on my system for example:  L[en_US], L[en_AU], and L[es_MX]).  If this is already done, but Arabic is not the default language, you must then set the "Contact Language" in your script to Arabic (I'm guessing it would be L[ar_AE] --but there are many different dialects and countries for Arabic, so use the drop downs in the expression editor to find the correct setting on your system.  

The main steps are as follows:

1.  Set Language variable

2.  Set contact with a language variable

3.  Set prompt with system prompt variable;  the system prompt changes with the assignment of the Contact Language setting.

Sample:

2020-0402-sampleChangeContactLanguage.png

Use the expression editor to help locate available languages on your system:

2020-0402-sampleChangeContactLanguage3.png

I recommend making the language assignments to pre-named variables.

2020-0402-sampleChangeContactLanguage4.png

This pretty much works for any multi-language configured UCCX system.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

@Sean Lynchthx for u help, but regarding the point that I must have the language installed.

I think languages supported by CCX is already installed. I must only point to it in the script like AR_SA.

Correct me plz if i am wrong

Yes. I believe you are correct. If you were originally hearing prompts in English, then more than likely, your system default is set to English. If AR_SA is an additional language (and country/dialect), installed--then when you change that for the contact, it will source system prompts, and repository prompts from [ar_SA].
Hope this helps.
-Sean
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: