cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CreateXMLDocument to webserver with authentication

JeroenNijs
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying load an XML document into my UCCX script to have names on calling numbers.

For this I'm using the CreateXMLDocument step in the Editor.

The URL i'm trying to parse is the following, so with username and password before the servername

http://username:password@server/GetContact?number=3232323232

When I try to do this, I always get an authentication failed (401) on the WebServer.

In UCCXEditor, when I check the variable that was filled in by the CreateXMLDocument step, it has following content.

§com.cisco.wf.steps.io.XMLDocument§com.cisco.wf.steps.io.XMLDocument@0

Is there any way to get the URL below to work so that I can parse the XML document with authentication on the server?

I've already tried to disable authentication an then I could get the XML file without any issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Please try with Make REST Call STEP available in UCCX script editor.It has basic HTTP authentication available built in, and the Response will be XML string which can be parsed or worked upon later in the script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Please try with Make REST Call STEP available in UCCX script editor.It has basic HTTP authentication available built in, and the Response will be XML string which can be parsed or worked upon later in the script.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

Using The REST API did the trick.

Kind regards