Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating and saving a new data field in Finesse

Colin Robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Within Finesse I would like to create a new field which enables our booking agents add a booking reference code to the details of a call.  This could be on the call wrap up or in a 'Widget/Gadget'.  Is this possible? The Finesse API only seems to let me read data out of the system.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin,

I moved this question to the Finesse forum, but in the future, you may want to post directly to that forum for a quicker response.

As far as your question, the two options are both possible solutions.

1) Use the call wrap up reason codes

- If the agent is supposed to put a booking code to every single call, in the UCCE/UCCX system, set every agent to always go to wrap up/work state after a call. If putting the booking code is optional, you can make the work/wrap up state optional.

- In the Finesse Admin console, add all of the booking reference codes to the wrap up reason code: Cisco Finesse Administration Guide Release 11.5(1)  - Manage Reasons [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

- Now, the agents can set this booking reference code during the call or in wrap up state.

This option requires these booking reference codes to be pre defined

2) Build a custom gadget

- If the agent is supposed to put a booking code to every single call, in the UCCE/UCCX system, set every agent to always go to wrap up/work state after a call. If putting the booking code is optional, you can make the work/wrap up state optional.

- Make a custom gadget and use the Update Call Variable Data Finesse REST API to set a call variable to the booking reference code. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is an exposed Finesse JS method for this API.

- Do note that the above REST API can only be used while the call is active. Therefore, if you want the agents to update the reference code after the call is over, the agents MUST go to work/wrap up state.

This option allows the agents to type in their own codes or text.

It doesn't look like there is any sample code for this particular REST API, but I hope this information helps.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin, the Finesse people watch this forum... you might get a more timely response there:
Finesse

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin,

I moved this question to the Finesse forum, but in the future, you may want to post directly to that forum for a quicker response.

As far as your question, the two options are both possible solutions.

1) Use the call wrap up reason codes

- In the Finesse Admin console, add all of the booking reference codes to the wrap up reason code: Cisco Finesse Administration Guide Release 11.5(1)  - Manage Reasons [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

- Now, the agents can set this booking reference code during the call or in wrap up state.

This option requires these booking reference codes to be pre defined

2) Build a custom gadget

- Make a custom gadget and use the Update Call Variable Data Finesse REST API to set a call variable to the booking reference code. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is an exposed Finesse JS method for this API.

- Do note that the above REST API can only be used while the call is active. Therefore, if you want the agents to update the reference code after the call is over, the agents MUST go to work/wrap up state.

This option allows the agents to type in their own codes or text.

It doesn't look like there is any sample code for this particular REST API, but I hope this information helps.

Thanx,

Denise