cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Credit card machine doesnt work

D@1984
Level 1
Level 1

My card reader is connected to voice router via ATA, however I cant get it working. I can see that ata is registered with CME and getting IP.

Line seems to be alright, is there any sort of setting that I need to check on ATA?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What model ATA?
Can you check the web admin and make sure the device sees the line? In my warehouses with ATA's and specialized equipment, I also like to keep an old fashion analog phone around for testing. Plug the phone in, place and receive a call to the line to make sure the phone line is at least working. Then its a matter if the specialized device causing a conflict.

thanks Mike. Its ata 186. how can i check if it can see the line?

Is the device registered to CUCM. You can just go to the IP Address in a web browser. It should have all the CUCM info displayed such as Line 1 DN, CUCM, TFTP, etc. If everything looks right, then the ATA should be ok to test with a normal analog phone.

The ATA186 never supported modem calls. The best it could do was fax passthrough.

Additionally, at least here in the USA, the only reason you use dialup is to largely avoid the PCI-DSS audit. You lose that by connecting it to a VoIP ATA and force yourself into a much more involved audit category. It needs to connect directly to the telephone company equipment as dial-up to avoid violating your merchant agreement.