Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS 4.0 upgrade package

dmanzetti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to upgrade a CRS 3.5 with a cold-standby server to the new 4.0 with High Availability.

Using the SASU maintenance, I received the 4.0 upgrade package but I found only 3 CDs and there isn't the SQL2000 CD needed to enable the HA.

Do you know if it is a packaging error or it is needed to purchase a specific HA upgrade license?

Thanks in advance

Daniele

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As far as I know when you purchase IPCCX HA the SQL server is bundled in free of charge, so you should have gotten it, this part number includes SQL2K SW:

IPCX 3X-40 PRE 7825/35 HA Active,Standby SW,OS,SQL2K Upg

Chris

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, I have three CDs too, but no additional SQL2k CD, and the upgrade needs to migrate MSDE to SQL for HA.

However, I understand that Cisco are recommending that users wait until IPCCX 4.0(4) is released for users upgrading from CRS 3.5.

Finally, I have found into the IPCC CCBU price list document at page 39 this advice:

-- High Availability is a feature new to 4.0 that was not available in 3.X. Therefore this feature will need to be purchased and will not be included as part of any SAU upgrade to IPCC Express 4.0 --.

So you have to purchase an additional upgrade package to add the HA feature after you have upgraded the Primary IPCCX server to the version 4.

Daniele